Sprint Cup Asia (Season 2) SEASON FINISHED.

• Thread starter paoloevans
  • 657 comments

Are the pitstop success penalties adding anything to the series? Should they be removed?

• Yes I think they add to the races. Keep them.

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • No they are not working. Get rid of them.

Votes: 6 85.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Greetings All,

Please see the below details to register for this racing league, would love to get online with you guys and have some fun racing. Please feel free to add me Via PSN, look forward to seeing you soon.

Regards,

GTPlanet name: Metal721
PSN Name: Metal721
Car: TBA
Number: 64
Livery Photo (Optional): TBA
DR: B

Greetings All,

Please see the below details to register for this racing league, would love to get online with you guys and have some fun racing. Please feel free to add me Via PSN, look forward to seeing you soon.

Regards,

GTPlanet name: Metal721
PSN Name: Metal721
Car: TBA
Number: 64
Livery Photo (Optional): TBA

Hi there and a big welcome to our Series! :)👍

As the entry list for this season is full I will add you to the reserve list.

I'm sure there will people who cannot make some events so I will let you know when there is spaces on the grid.

Obviously the free spaces get allocated to the reserve drivers in the order that they signed up in.

Look forward to racing with you mate :cheers:

For everyone's information these are the "in game" time of day/weather settings for each round.

R1 Fuji - 12:00 Fine Weather

R2 Suzuka - 16:30 Cloudy

R3 Kyoto - 19:00 Sunny

R4 Autopolis - 12:00 Fine Weather

R5 Bathurst - 15:30 Sunny

R6 Fuji Short - 18:15 Sunny

I think it would be good to add this to the post stating the calendar. If someone joins the series in the future, for example, they wouldn't really be able to see the race time settings as it stands, as this post is just one among many others.

It keeps saying disconnected from network, yet it has no issue joining any of the other open lobbies right now... I hope it's not going to be a recurring issue.

Interesting test last night. The car that felt the slowest for me turned out the be the one that I was the quickest and consistent in!

Also, I realised I hadn't signed up yet - reserve spot will be fine as I may not make able to make every round anyway.

GTPlanet name: si_berian_tiger
PSN Name: si_berian_tiger
Car: Mazda Atenza
Number: 95

Interesting test last night. The car that felt the slowest for me turned out the be the one that I was the quickest and consistent in!

Also, I realised I hadn't signed up yet - reserve spot will be fine as I may not make able to make every round anyway.

GTPlanet name: si_berian_tiger
PSN Name: si_berian_tiger
Car: Mazda Atenza
Number: 95

Ok mate cool. The 5th and final reserve spot is yours. I'm sure the numbers will drop as the season goes on so I'll let you know either here or a PSN message if the other reserve drivers can't make it and a space is available.

Thanks for signing up :)👍

For everyone's information these are the "in game" time of day/weather settings for each round.

R1 Fuji - 12:00 Fine Weather

R2 Suzuka - 16:30 Cloudy

R3 Kyoto - 19:00 Sunny

R4 Autopolis - 12:00 Fine Weather

R5 Bathurst - 15:30 Sunny

R6 Fuji Short - 18:15 Sunny

Well that's a bit disappointing :odd:. I was hoping for night time in the rain ;)!

In case you guys still dont know, yesterday's manufacters was truly a shambolic display of the game's penalty system, that showed very clearly how bad it currently is, as shown below.

https://twitter.com/Jomas_74/status/1240381746438459399?s=19
https://twitter.com/VQS_Francis/status/1240343047692525568?s=19
https://twitter.com/TX3_Marcolah/status/1240381805947215873?s=19
https://twitter.com/quinten_jeh/status/1231701917413335041?s=19
https://twitter.com/TheSkinnyRage/status/1240412472810627072?s=19
As you see, the lightest of contacts that you had absolutely no responsability for is enough to give you very harsh penalties. And its so bad, World Tour participants have threatened to boycot the official season if there isnt maintenance ASAP. For this reason, im asking not to race with contact penalties on and to instead review incidents and issue penalties at the end of the race. I know this is something @paoloevans didnt want to do previously but i think we've reached a situation where we dont really have a choice, as the game is unplayable with these penalties on.

In case you guys still dont know, yesterday's manufacters was truly a shambolic display of the game's penalty system, that showed very clearly how bad it currently is, as shown below.

https://twitter.com/Jomas_74/status/1240381746438459399?s=19
https://twitter.com/VQS_Francis/status/1240343047692525568?s=19
https://twitter.com/TX3_Marcolah/status/1240381805947215873?s=19
https://twitter.com/quinten_jeh/status/1231701917413335041?s=19
https://twitter.com/TheSkinnyRage/status/1240412472810627072?s=19
As you see, the lightest of contacts that you had absolutely no responsability for is enough to give you very harsh penalties. And its so bad, World Tour participants have threatened to boycot the official season if there isnt maintenance ASAP. For this reason, im asking not to race with contact penalties on and to instead review incidents and issue penalties at the end of the race. I know this is something @paoloevans didnt want to do previously but i think we've reached a situation where we dont really have a choice, as the game is unplayable with these penalties on.

Yes I can take the penalties off if needed (although I'm hoping it will be patched by the start of our Season). However unfortunately I do not have the time to be a steward and review all incidents post race.

Ok, thats already better than the current state of affairs. And i do trust everyone to wait for the other car if there is an incident. And if theres an odd case in which this is not the case, we'll figure out a solution, even if we have to ask an independent individual or whatever, although i hope it wont come down to that. Thank you.
PS: dont get your hopes up paolo, PD is still PD...

Ok, thats already better than the current state of affairs. And i do trust everyone to wait for the other car if there is an incident. And if theres an odd case in which this is not the case, we'll figure out a solution, even if we have to ask an independent individual or whatever, although i hope it wont come down to that. Thank you.
PS: dont get your hopes up paolo, PD is still PD...

:lol: yes very true.

Yeh I think we have a real good bunch in this series so I'm quite confident we won't have any issues :scared:;)
:gtpflag:

wow, just been watching the vids posted about the penalties, I thought mine was harsh when I did a legit overtake on the inside of the hairpin & the opponent hit me & I got a 3 sec penalty but thouse are shocking especially for Suswillo who I watch regularly to learn from

@Invisigoth @GTP_Guido @HoonigaN96 @Spinerkopin @skivit76 @Mark blacky @Lazybike @Totalrose @Raptor013 @WanganGhost @PTLobo2 @AudiMan2011 @NorthLlama @Lost Sheltie @Bivittavus88 @Raybrig100 @Drex124 @Metal721 @si_berian_tiger

Hello everyone. I just want to mention (for those of you that don't already know) that I work for the NHS at Queen Alexandra Hospital in Portsmouth.

Just saying as my shifts/hours/time spent at work may change dramatically during the next few months due to the current situation.

If so I'll need you lot to host races that I may not be able to make and to keep our Championship alive and running smoothly!! :)

Hopefully I'll be there for every round but I just wanted to warn you all incase.

Anyways cheers fellas and stay safe!

Paul.

:cheers:

@Invisigoth @GTP_Guido @HoonigaN96 @Spinerkopin @skivit76 @Mark blacky @Lazybike @Totalrose @Raptor013 @WanganGhost @PTLobo2 @AudiMan2011 @NorthLlama @Lost Sheltie @Bivittavus88 @Raybrig100 @Drex124 @Metal721 @si_berian_tiger

Hello everyone. I just want to mention (for those of you that don't already know) that I work for the NHS at Queen Alexandra Hospital in Portsmouth.

Just saying as my shifts/hours/time spent at work may change dramatically during the next few months due to the current situation.

If so I'll need you lot to host races that I may not be able to make and to keep our Championship alive and running smoothly!! :)

Hopefully I'll be there for every round but I just wanted to warn you all incase.

Paul.

You stay safe too man.

Paul.

Respect dude...stay safe!!

due to the current situation here I might be able to host...ive recently changed to Vodafone and have high upload and download and a low ping , so could maybe even set the room up and leave the ps4 running the room.....not doen much in the way of lobbys in GTS but im assuming that would work.

Paolo, , I doff my cap in respect to yourself and everyone else in the NHS at the moment. I know it's a challenging place to be at the best of times, but especially now.

If you'd like me to host a round or too, drop me a PM. I'm a primary teacher, but working from home due to underlying medical conditions, so I am happy to help if needs be.

Back