Sprint Cup GT World Challenge. SEASON FINISHED.

• Thread starter paoloevans
  • 990 comments
OK, 2:25.??? BTW dood, if you pick up the Eau Rouge penalty (or is that la femme rouge? :embarrassed:), if you run the rest of the lap as per normal, unlike la Sarthe, you won't loose it. I think most of the time when I picked up a 1.5s penalty it was still 1.2s at the end of the lap. I was still picking up penalties with lifting :lol:. The night time lighting doesn't help either... I want some rally lights! Oh, and the best car for this circuit is the Kart.. heck the best car for *any* circuit is the Kart! (yes, I have a Spa in the rain kart lobby saved) .
The problem is the "run the rest of the lap as per normal" which is still a very slow time from me :D . I brake too early or wrong place :D . Spa is too fast for me with its long only lift off/full throttle corners.
The "night time" IMHO is a very good idea :) . It gives the race an endurance feeling with the setting sun :) .

Regarding penalties I'm happy for you to get rid of them when and where you see fit. We are a sensible lot so I trust it to be in a safe place :lol:;)
:cheers:

@Kuraudo and @Invisigoth if you guys are doing 2:25's then you are in a world of hurt on race day.

I haven't done any laps so far to prep for this round, however my best FIA times are 2:22 in the Corvette and 2:28 in the Gr.4 Lancer.
2:22.xxx :scared:. And it's an offline time so the online time will be at least 1-1,5 second slower. My slowest track by far :( .

Last edited:
Regarding penalties I'm happy for you to get rid of them when and where you see fit. We are a sensible lot so I trust it to be in a safe place :lol:;)

So, the chicane and Eau Rouge yeh? ;)

@Kuraudo and @Invisigoth if you guys are doing 2:25's then you are in a world of hurt on race day.

Yeh, I'm loosing time in places I used to be able to take a lot quicker. I guess not doing the dailies since March/April (I forget when I moved) has taken away a bit.. aside from practising for these events the only other racing I'm doing is sometimes the once a week "Daily Races With Friends". Oh well I still have some time to play with the track a bit and see fi I can find a path that works.

Did some more laps this evening in full race mode (fuel and tyre wear on) and I was hitting 20.5s, but I was making some mistakes here and there so I think 19s will be possible in race. Especially since you'll be getting towed down Kemmel. It's a pretty unforgiving track with the high speed corners, it doesn't take much to lose 0.5s in one fell swoop.

At the end of lap 7 I was down to 36% fuel, so that would mean I'd run out around lap 11, but the tyres were a bit worse for wear by this point so I don't think I could've stretched them more than one lap without sacrificing pace or risking accidents. Two at the very most.

Well had another crack at it. I managed to do a 2:23.055, which is an improvement lol. Ran out of fuel towards the end of lap 11. Tyres didn't feel any more worn than when I started. Next time I'm going to play with brake bias. I also need to work on Eau Rouge , because I just don't seem to have the grip to take it flat out :grumpy:.

Look forward to watching as always mate! :cheers:

I'm looking forward to seeing it finished as I'm trying something new for the race results section at the end which I hope I can make work.

Just going back through replay again to capture a couple of extra views from some of the action that I have already partially covered, but need to get the rest so it makes sense. Then add in the graphics package. So with luck either tonight or at worst case tomorrow night it will be up for everyone to enjoy.

Did another practice stint just now. For the first 7 laps the tyre wear is not a bother but it starts to creep in during lap 8 and 9 so you've got to watch yourself in some of the corners. I haven't emptied the fuel tank yet to determine exactly how far I get but starting lap 9 it told me 2.7 laps remaining which fits what I've seen. So 12 laps with a bit of a tow is no problem, but at that point I think tyres will be a real concern. So the pit window is pretty large, lap 6 to lap 12 depending on your pace/strategy/traffic.

As for times I put a string of 19s down with the best time a 2:19.3xx, in full race mode with grip/wear/fuel.

@Raptor013 loved the video mate. The little touches were brilliant and really made a difference giving the realism much more depth! Such as the "race control" and the results/standings at the end of the coverage :) 👍👍

For some reason though it came out so bright that I couldn't even make out the decals on the cars!

Anyhow it was a pleasure to watch and I can say I'm sure on behalf of everyone in the series that we appreciate the hard work doing it:cheers:

Can't wait to watch the next one after Spa!

Last edited:
Good day all.

Practice room at Spa is up. Feel free to join if you wish :cheers:

If you haven't already friend requested me please do as all the lobbies from now on are "friends only".

0475-4312-6671-3716-0260

ROOM NOW CLOSED

Last edited:
Well that was interesting.

Just completed a race simulation. The Lancer can make 10.5 laps on a tank, tyre wear is not a huge issue deep into the run given my driving style. However the car is extremely loose on cold tyres here.

Best Lap a 1:20.6 with a optimum time of 1:20.4

Back