SPS>MAX converter!

• Thread starter Jedi2016
  • 24 comments
No, this isn't a "where can I find it" thread, it's a "download here!" thread. :)

I found this today on PS2Scene, which in turn was taken from some Korean site or another. It's a very simple program.. just open up the SPS file (exported from GT3gEdit, for example), and save it out as a MAX file for your MaxDrive.

It seems to work pretty well.. I was able to load up a save file (downloaded here), and import a hybrid (downloaded here), save it out, then convert it to MAX. Unfortunately, I don't actually have a MaxDrive with which to test it... yet.

Long story short, the Sharkport/Xport isn't a viable option for me.. main reason being is that my computer and PS2 are about as far apart as they can get in my apartment, and I don't really want to disconnect/reconnect/disconnect/reconnect the PS2 every time I want to change something in a save file. So something like the MaxDrive is ideal, since it's just a small device to carry to my computer upstairs. Apparently, they no longer make card-readers for the computer, but this seems to serve the same purpose.

SO, if anyone has a MaxDrive, could you run a quick test and see if this works? :) Try out some of the hybrids from the forums here? I must admit I don't know squat about cars on the whole, so the chances of making my own hybrid are probably pretty slim.. hehe. But in order to add some wacky fun to GT3 in the time before GT4, I'll most certainly go fetch a MaxDrive if this program (or combination of programs) works.

Thanks, and enjoy!

Attachments

• Max to Xps Convertor.zip
    15.3 KB · Views: 2,375
I just tested it (broke down and bought a MAXDrive), and it DOES work! I was able to load up garages/cars from this forum, and play 'em on my PS2 downstairs! WithOUT needing an XPort/Sharkport. So I'd say this is good news for anyone who wants to drive hybrids but can't get a Sharkport for whatever reason.

One note to the folks that want to do this: When you're copying the files from the MAXDrive to your memory card, you'll need to use the "Uncrush to.." option instead of simply copying the file.. because they're in their compressed form on the MAXDrive itself.

OMG thank u soooo much...u hav solved all my problems...i am forever in ur debt....thank u....sooooo ****ing mmuch....ie been wwaitning sooo long for this and that gy from ps2save tools hasnt updated the save builder....thank...sooooooo much Jedi2016

Hi, I hope someone sees this soon...

I opened a GT3 Game Data save via the "Load .max" option from the zip file and have a small tree of data:

SJIS Name = GT3 GAME DATA
Gamename = GT3 GAME DATA
Savename = GT3 GAME DATA
BASCUS-97102GAMEDATA
icon0.ico (20346 bytes)
icon.sys (964 bytes)
BASCUS-97102GAMEDATA (90048 bytes)
thumbnail (96 bytes)

I apologize for sounding so fricken 'newbie' but I don't think I copied the correct file for creation of hybrids, or I am just slower than I thought I was...

Can someone please help? Any would be appreciated!

jshrader all you need to do now is select "File->Save .xps" from there you can load the converted GT3 save into GT3gEdit and start creating hybrids/opening hidden cars.

Just remember when you've finished reload the XPS -> Max convertor software to convert the .xps file back to .max format (File->Save .max) and enjoy.

Cheers

sps file is the native format for a sharkport and i'm not so sure about a shark port with mac. but a max drive will work...just odnt use the program disc provided but as a regular flash drive instead.

Jedi2016
I was able to load up garages/cars from this forum, and play 'em on my PS2 downstairs! WithOUT needing an XPort/Sharkport. So I'd say this is good news for anyone who wants to drive hybrids but can't get a Sharkport for whatever reason.

how do u do play it on your ps2 without a sharkport?

That Chamonix test is a real pain. I lost count of the number of attempts I had to pass it. I think it helped because the last time I took in (on the Korean version) it seemed a lot easier!!!

I think your only option is a Max Drive assuming your Mac is capable of reading a USB memory stick. You just copy the save onto the memory stick which can be done without the need for any special software. If you live in America my preferred PS2 software would be a Codebreaker cheat device as this is more useful (in my opinion) than the MaxDrive (or its ARMax equivalent. Mind you, get one of those and you can put a code in it to pass the license tests (or use the codes from the list at the Codebreaker site). The memory stick would just need to be a PS2 compatible one (have you used Photomode?).

cool I just ordered a MAX Drive 16Mb for the wrs I used to use x-port to hybryd cars,but when I bought a new pS2 the x-port would no longer work in the game station.

is there any way to use a codebreaker save with The MKS program. if there isn't a way, then is there a program that can convert .cbs save files to the sharkport format?

is there any way to use a codebreaker save with The MKS program. if there isn't a way, then is there a program that can convert .cbs save files to the sharkport format?

Google "Ps2_Save_Builder_0.8x.zip.sig". Second link down.

1- Open your code breaker save with Save Builder and save it as a "SharkPort 2(*.sps)". Then GT3gEDIT AKA MKS program will load it.

2- Once edited/saved using GT3gEDIT, open your edit .sps file in Save Builder, save it as a .cbs again, then transfer to PS2.

Google "Ps2_Save_Builder_0.8x.zip.sig". Second link down.

1- Open your code breaker save with Save Builder and save it as a "SharkPort 2(*.sps)". Then GT3gEDIT AKA MKS program will load it.

2- Once edited/saved using GT3gEDIT, open your edit .sps file in Save Builder, save it as a .cbs again, then transfer to PS2.

Yeah, I second using Ps2 save Builder, it works converting any (just about) savegame to another format.

I just found a brand new 128mb max drive on ebay for 15.99 so i ordered it! Can't wait to get it and get some hybrids in my garage. Also ready to get started in making.

I have a max drive, and I downloaded a shark port save for a ps2 game.

I downloaded and unzipped the converter.

What do I do now to get the save on my max drive?
(try not to be too vague here, saying "save it to here" needs some more explanation, because I can't figure out how)

Last edited by a moderator:
1.Save your gt3 games on ps2 memory.
2.Plug in your max drive to ps2 usb.
3.Copy your games to max drive (not transfer)
4.Plug in your max drive to computer usb port.
5.Open Ps2 Save builder,open your save games and convert max to xps,save to computer.
6.Open Mks program then fine that games that you already save and load.
7.In Mks program you can modified wahtever u want.
8.After modified save that new games,open ps2 save builder then load that saves games then convert back to max.
8.Plug in your max drive to usb ps2 then transfer back to ps2 memory.The privious one u can delete.
8All above using Codebreaker 9.

Hope u can understand my english.Thanks

Back