SR penalty on entering pits

  • Thread starter Thread starter nuu1212
  • 9 comments
  • 1,617 views

nuu1212

(Banned)
Messages
282
Germany
Germany
I'm having trouble with my pitstops, especially on Willow Springs and sometimes Suzuka.
I am getting (seemingly random) SR down ratings on entering the pits. The standard orange ones.
I cannot figure out what I did wrong. Do I have to use the turn indicator? :confused:
Might be a speed limit!? In other posts I read that entering at full speed is OK, however.
 
I'm having trouble with my pitstops, especially on Willow Springs and sometimes Suzuka.
I am getting (seemingly random) SR down ratings on entering the pits. The standard orange ones.
I cannot figure out what I did wrong. Do I have to use the turn indicator? :confused:
Might be a speed limit!? In other posts I read that entering at full speed is OK, however.
Maybe a flaw in track limits.
I got one in Bathurst when I accidentally cut a small corner in the entrance.
 
Doesn't the SR judgement come at the end of a sector?
Perhaps it's for something you did possibly 1/3rd of a lap earlier (depending on sector positions).

But you are right, there is no pitlane speed entry limit that I have found and been punished for.
 
Doesn't the SR judgement come at the end of a sector?
Perhaps it's for something you did possibly 1/3rd of a lap earlier (depending on sector positions).
Well, the sector obviously ends in the pits. I am aware of the fact that the ratings come per sector.
But, NO, clean lap, not even close to an opponent.

Maybe a flaw in track limits.
Possibly. But there is no time penalty with the rating. Cutting would always result in a certain time penalty, wouldn't it?

If PD would pay me for pinning down the bug, I would do some more research. But hey, I would be quite rich then...
 
Well, the sector obviously ends in the pits. I am aware of the fact that the ratings come per sector.
But, NO, clean lap, not even close to an opponent.
Roger that.
 
The annoying part is that the up/down ratings cannot be reviewed in the replay... correct?
Neither there nor during the race is there any information about the exact charge or the offense commited.
 
Well, the sector obviously ends in the pits. I am aware of the fact that the ratings come per sector.
But, NO, clean lap, not even close to an opponent.


Possibly. But there is no time penalty with the rating. Cutting would always result in a certain time penalty, wouldn't it?

If PD would pay me for pinning down the bug, I would do some more research. But hey, I would be quite rich then...
Now that you’re saying that... I was miles away from anybody. Cut a bit the turn in the entrance by accident. Left the pits. Got a DR drop. No penalties.
 
Maybe a flaw in track limits.
I got one in Bathurst when I accidentally cut a small corner in the entrance.
Yup, I did the same and I even had a penalty waiting for me when exiting the pits. lol
 
It's definitely for entering the pit lane hot and cutting the corner. I had got loads of these especially in brands hatch before I figured out why it was happening.
 
Last edited:
Brands Hatch is understandable because of the curves, happened to me a lot in my first few races. Seems pretty pedantic however.
But at Willow Springs its just straight in at top speed... Have to re-check if there are markings I crossed...
 
Back