SR rating up or down ?

• Thread starter GTP_Monkey
  • 22 comments

GTP_Monkey

May the force be with you
Premium
England
Top Valley, NG5
Ok guys I’ve been back on the sports mode and taken your advice to get my SR up,

I’ve completed 2 races without a single incident now but am getting notifications in race I don’t understand

1. Green SR with arrow pointing up at time check and a blue box to the right say -xxxx then I get a red box at different timing point this has +xxxx

xxxx = a 4 figure number that differs greatly.

Can someone please explain ?

2 as stated a totally incident free race but now my DR has nosedived yet again ?

Both races were incident free no going off course but I did ride the odd corner stones with inside wheel only as we all do.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Ok guys I’ve been back on the sports mode and taken your advice to get my SR up,

I’ve completed 2 races without a single incident now but am getting notifications in race I don’t understand

1. Green SR with arrow pointing up at time check and a blue box to the right say -xxxx then I get a red box at different timing point this has +xxxx

2 as stated a totally incident free race but now my DR has nosedived yet again ?

Both races were incident free no going off course but I did ride the odd corner stones with inside wheel only as we all do.

Thanks.

Are you referring to the blue and red boxes that indicate your section time?

That's the time compared to the same sector on your best lap. If it's purple, you're quicker than anyone's best lap in that sector.
DR is how fast you are, not how clean you are.

Mine tanked yesterday. Every race on dragon tail was an incident. A couple my fault. In one I lost my cool and retaliated against a guy but I was so frustrated. The other was a slight tap to a rear water ..geniune racing incident. All other races I had people banging into me..inexcusable at times It's just a game but races where so much better when I was ranked A.

Ok I’ve not been off the track at all Quote toataly incident free races.

Yes I’m aware DR is driving ability and SR is Sportsman ship rating.

Just done another and black screening isn’t happening and races are very clean except for this last one I started on pole with a 1:53 lap and by end of 1st lap was clearly 3 seconds in the lead according to timings next to names then all of a sudden 3 or 4 cars glitches and jumped all over the place in front of me I didn’t have time to even blink before crashed thus ending up discqualifie ??? I was leading by 3 seconds how should this happen.

Just started getting my confidence back in the sport mode and that happens. Sorry PD but this really is the pits now.

Last edited:
I haven’t quite worked those out myself and I can’t find a detailed user guide ...

But I think the red and blue time boxes you’re talking about are lap/sector time related. Why they’re blue sometimes I’m not sure - maybe related to whether your DR or SR is improving?

The green SR up (and the opposite red/orange SR down) boxes are the reference to your SR for that sector only.

DR is determined from final placing in the race and the competition you faced. I’m not sure but DR might also take into account the car you have and relative Power/performance difference too. It seems to do that in the offline arcade races so may also happen in the sport races.

Last edited:
But I think the red and blue time boxes you’re talking about are lap/sector time related. Why they’re blue sometimes I’m not sure - maybe related to whether your DR or SR is improving?
Red is slower than your best lap. Blue is quicker. Purple is quicker than anyone's best.
Yes I’m aware DRis driving ability and SR is Stortsman ship rating.
Then you shouldn't be confused by an incident-free race and a fall in DR. DR is your performance, SR your cleanliness. A clean, slow race boost SR but penalises DR.

And please take more care over your posts. That one was rather hard to read and peppered with non-words.

Thanks guys I understand the green and red boxes now and green SR funnily enough I’ve not seen any other colour for SR no orange or red.
Don’t understand why my ranking keeps nose diving for apparently no reason and being disqualified for others lagging on track.

Will take a screen shot on mobile and see if I can post it here showing my acheavemments they show im racing clean and also getting results. Only done a few races though but surely a victory and accident free races that show there shouldn’t spiral me downwards.

I started on pole with a 1:53 lap and
on a different matter: What’s your DR? I’m only D and my best lap is a mid 1:52, yet this has net me only a top 5 spot in my last 4 races.

I have also observed warping of cars but that was shortly before the server went down- again.
Another observation I made today was that not every time I get rear-ended I had my SR decreased. Apparently there has already been some tuning on PD’s part. I think it takes difference of velocity into account.

Red is slower than your best lap. Blue is quicker. Purple is quicker than anyone's best.

Then you shouldn't be confused by an incident-free race and a fall in DR. DR is your performance, SR your cleanliness. A clean, slow race boost SR but penalises DR.

And please take more care over your posts. That one was rather hard to read and peppered with non-words.

Sorry using a mobile with fat thumbs. Will edit them.

Do we know yet to what extent the SR caps your DR? For example, my SR is currently at a D....at what point would a D-C SR prevent me from making any further progress with my DR?

Y profile showing clean race achievements
image.jpg

So what would be the rationale for a blue box? Purple and red are common from real motorsport but personal bests are usually green.
Probably a UI design discision,maybe green was hard to see in some views?

So what would be the rationale for a blue box? Purple and red are common from real motorsport but personal bests are usually green.
I'd guess that it's because green is already in use for SR up. Orange is SR down.

I've noticed from playing in Sport Mode quite a bit yesterday, Keeping you lap time up is not the only thing that boost your DR. It also goes up (more so than getting a fast lap) when you finish in a better position than where you started. I've started in the mid pack (which I quite enjoy at this point since the folks on front seems to be on another playing field entirely) for pretty much all my races and from moving up just a couple of positions each race, my DR went from D to B. It does help that most everyone in my group were either S or A for SR

once you get to B rating it slows down massively, had afew bad races dropped down to D, won afew in a row and sped back upto B, now ive been following the progress bar under the DR rating and even winning races often the bar is moving a minuscule amount, just to half way now after winning or finishing high many times, but the SR is taking a hit from people using me a a moblie brake!

once you get to B rating it slows down massively, had afew bad races dropped down to D, won afew in a row and sped back upto B, now ive been following the progress bar under the DR rating and even winning races often the bar is moving a minuscule amount, just to half way now after winning or finishing high many times, but the SR is taking a hit from people using me a a moblie brake!

I've raced in over 45 races so far and have yet to win one. Granted I'm not one of those fast drivers but I'd say that I can hold my own. From the groups I've been in racing on the Dragon Trail track , the leaders were so far ahead that it was just pointless to worry about winning and just worry about gaining 1 or 2 spots which in it self was pretty challenging (hence a lot of fun, especially when it is clean). In one instance, P1 finished over 15 seconds ahead of P2 in a 4 lap race...how is that even possible? Anyway, I did notice the same thing with the B rating. It drops really fast but it takes a long time to build up especially if you are, like me, not winning races but only moving 1-3 position spots.

Back