SRF GT-MES Season 11 | FINISHED

12.jpg

13.jpg

As we are in Le Mans Finale-week, time to look back to previous champions:

CSX_Eagle was first top class champion in GT-MES, with some brilliant wins on the way.
sota59 dominated Gr4 class, in now legendary Honda NSX.

Season 1 was shorter, and Le Mans was not yet in calendar.
It is only season titles have not been decided in final race of the season.

Season-1-Gr3champ.jpg

Season-1-Gr4champ.jpg

Now look back to Season 2.
sota59 won his second title in a row, this time in Gr3, after consistent season.
Nils debuted, and we saw another Honda NSX-title.
Le Mans was added to calendar, calendar now 8 races.

Season-2-Gr3champ.jpg

Season-2-Gr4champ.jpg

Season 3 we saw Gr2-class making its debut, and again it was Honda NSX domination, with sota59 beating Nils in the final.
Gr3 title went to xZePhyR96x.
Manufacturers title also made its debut

Season-3-Gr2champ.jpg

Season-3-Gr3champ.jpg

Season-3-champs.jpg

Season 4 saw sota59 taking his 4th straight title, while xZePhyR96x also defended his title.
Honda won Manufacturers-title.

Season-4-Gr2champ.jpg

Season-4-Gr3champ.jpg

Season-4-champs.jpg

In Season 5, sota59 left Le Mans somehow with his 5th straight title.
thunder-pigeon came on top in very close Gr3-class.
Honda won Manufacturers-title. Again.

Season-5-Gr2champ.jpg

Season-5-Gr3champ.jpg

Season-5-champs.jpg

Season 6, return of Gr4-class. xZePhyR96x returned Gr3-class with Subaru, taking his 3rd title.
thunder-pigeon joined small list of drivers with back to back titles, after winning in Gr4....with Honda NSX.
Honda also won Manufacturers-title.....again.

Season-6-Gr3champ.jpg
Season-6-Gr4champ.jpg

Season-6-champs.jpg

Season 7, xZePhyR96x won his 4th title in Gr3, while Nils finally won his second title, after return back to Honda NSX in Gr4.
Porsche broke Honda's title run, winning their first Manufacturers-title.

Season-7-Gr3champ.jpg

Season-7-Gr4champ.jpg

Season-7-champs.jpg

le-mans.png

FINALE IS HERE!

We have arrived to Le Mans Finale, 1 hour long special with 1.5x points.
Last 9 seasons, every title has been decided here, and has seen some epic battles, heartbreaking loses and fantastic champions.
Last season Gr2-title was decided by points given for fastest lap, and those extra points are set to be as critical as ever this season.
4 drivers fighting for Gr2-title, 4 drivers fighting for Gr3-title and 4 manufacturers fighting for Manufacturers-title.

Gr2

Season 9 champion G4 Rotary in Honda is championship-leader, and is hoping to finish the job and win his second title. He started season well in Nurburgring, leading the race, but made mistake, dropping to 3rd. He then drove clean race next week in Suzuka, taking his 4th win in GT-MES. Next 2 races were struggle, finishing outside the podium in Laguna Seca and Interlagos, but second place in Barcelona got him big points, and then dramatic win in Monza made him man to beat. Missing last weeks race in Spa was not ideal, allowing challengers to cut gap to him, but still holds the championship lead. G4 Rotary needs big result, he won here in Season 9 in road to his first title, despite being under lot of pressure. But last season he struggled here, and is looking to improve, now in new car. ''I think that with the exception of Round 1, I managed to get the best result I could in every race, I'm hoping that Le Mans goes better then it did last season''. After ending Honda-drivers title run couple season's ago with Nissan, he is now looking to win Honda their 10th drivers title.

His closest challenger is 5x champion sota59 in Nissan, who is desperate to return winning ways, after being runner up last two seasons. After surprise move to Nissan, he started season well in new car, finishing second in Germany, and continued good form by getting pair of 3rd places from Suzuka and Laguna Seca. Error in Interlagos left him 4th, but he got in to title fight by winning in Barcelona. After challenging race in Monza, he improved his chances in championship, by finishing second in Spa. If he wins his 6th Le Mans, he will secure his 6th title, but with close field, victory will be difficult. ''I know i am fast in Le Mans, i know car should be capable to win there, but every driver and car is strong. I think it will be challenge to win, but lets hope for best''.

Looking to become only 4th ever driver to win back to back title, is Nissan-driver jonimestari91, who secured Gr2-title in Le Mans, by just one point, after taking win and fastest lap. He has struggled in his new car, but is still in the fight. Start of the season was difficult, first podium only coming in Round 3, Laguna Seca. He got another podium in Interlagos, but again struggled in Barcelona and Monza. But in Spa last week, it all clicked. Dominant victory in rain lifted him back in to title fight for Le Mans. No driver has defended their title since xZePhyR96x in Season 7, jonimestari91 might change that, if he can repeat his performance from last season, and get some luck on his way.

Last, but not least Lexus-driver Spookyluki. Rookie has had season of highs and lows. He started his season well, winning in his debut in Nurburgring, but finished otherside of the field next 3 races. Podium in Barcelona, despite technical issues, lighted up his championship, and he almost won next week in Monza, only dropping to second in last lap. Technical issue in Le Mans did not allow him to start the race, making his life harder for Le Mans. But he still has a chance, on his favorite circuit. He needs to win the race and have some results go his way, but we have seen more dramatic moments before. ''I've had a good first season, I seem to have a good tune for Le Mans and I'm getting better on pad, so I doubt I'll get the drivers championship but manufacturers is still possible.''

Gr3

Main story of the Gr3-class this season has been osully14 and Mazda. After last season full of technical issues and difficult championship-decider, he is back in Le Mans, much stronger and in championship lead''. Season started with easy win in Round 1, followed up with 4 3rd places in a row. Some races he had scares with traffic, major one being in Laguna Seca, what ended up costing him likely victory, but he week after week got podiums coming in. And then win in Monza sealed him as man to beat in Le Mans. Last week he got his 7th podium of the season, with his 5th third place, result that did not effect his championship, but kept his challengers out. He is in good position, but needs to get job done, and challengers away. ''It’s been a fun but tough season, but got to give it my everything this weekend to finish ahead of Saffa. 3rd place isn’t going to hack it.''

Despite his incredible season, he is basically tied with Ferrari-driver GTS_BOCA_SAFFA. South African has had season of up and downs, and is hoping to end it on top. He finished incredible second in Round 1, after being wiped out in lap 1. Technical issue in Suzuka and DNF in Laguna Seca looked like end to his title hopes, but win in Interlagos fired him back in. Then back to back second places really made his strong contender for Le Mans Finale. He needs to atleast finish on podium, but win would secure it. ''Feeling surprised, didn't think at the start of the season that the Ferrari had a chance but here we are. Heading into the finale only -2 points behind the Mazda of osully. Least amount of weight of the title challengers is a huge plus but things can change fast at Le Mans, fuel saving is essential and the best strat will win.''

RLH_Wesley99 in Mazda has had difficult interesting season, he was selected Driver of The Season by his fellow drivers last season, after heartbreaking title loss in Le Mans, and looked like he would be man to beat this season. Like last season, he could not start the race in Round 1, losing certain big points, returned with fine second place next week in Suzuka. Win in Laguna Seca really started his title challenge, but just missed podium in Interlagos. Missed races in Barcelona and in Spa has hurt him, but with podium from Monza, he still has a chance for title in Le Mans. He needs to avoid mistakes, and take a win, and if results go his way, he just might leave with his first title. ''Unfortunate that I missed some races but hoping to finish on a high with a win at Le Mans''.

3-time champion Nils only just got himself in to title fight, after really difficult season. Round 1 he was part in unlucky accident, mistake in Round 2, Round 3 another mistake, Round 4 he got himself in to poleposition but struggled and just missed out on his first podium of the season. Another pole in Barcelona, and this time he got it right, winning by small margin. Awfull Round 6 in Monza followed, and title hopes died, but second place in Spa has given him tiny chance to win his 4th title.
He needs to win the race, and needs quite a lot of luck, but crazier things has happened. ''This season was of course not the best with all that damage in many races but it gave me the most dramatic victory I've ever had - and that equals any bad luck I had in other places. A thing I learned this season is that the Audi isn't really suiting my driving style, except of Spa and Barcelona; these were the only races where the car actually did what I wanted. I'm hoping for a good ending now, Le Mans is definitely one of my favorites and my fourth place in the world rankings at the Time Attack event with the P1 GTR is giving a lot of extra motivation''.

Manufacturers

It was for long Lexus and Mazda season, but last two weeks Mazda has pulled clear, and win for Honda in Monza and 1-2 for Nissan in Spa, has made it 4-way fight.
If Mazda can win in the Le Mans in Gr3-class, they win their first title, but if not, winner in Gr2-class will win the Manufacturers-title. Honda is looking for their 7th title, while Nissan and Lexus hope to get their first title.

Season 8 saw two new champions, when Kobr4K_21 took Gr3-title with Mercedes, and veteran Road2Fury took his first title.
Honda returned winning ways in Manufacturers Championship.

Season-8-Gr3champ.jpg

Season-8-Gr4champ.jpg

Season-8-champs.jpg

Season 9 saw return of Gr2-class, G4 Rotary won the title after back to back wins to end the season, while Nils also secured Gr3 title after epic end to his season.

Season-9-Gr2champ.jpg

Season-9-Gr3champ.jpg

Season-9-champs.jpg

Season 10 saw 2 new champions, jonimestari91 took his first title after several seasons and Ryslan Zharinov did just enough in Le Mans to take title in his debut season.
Honda returned winning ways, by taking both titles.

Season-10-Gr2champ1.jpg

Season-10-Gr3champ1.jpg

Season-10-champs.jpg

RACE FINISHED!

Time to look at out new champions.

GR2 CHAMPIONS IS:
jonimestari91!
He did just enough in final 2 races to get big 2 wins, and win his second title!
First defending champion since xZePhyR86x in Season 7!

Season-11-Gr2champ3.jpg

GR3 CHAMPIONS IS:
RLH_Wesley99!
Heartbreaking defeat last season, has suffered some bad luck this year, missed Round 1 due technical issue, late personal reason to miss another race and then having to miss Spa aswell. But he did it all today, win and fastest lap!

Season-11-Gr3champ3.jpg

Latest Posts

Back