Initial Torque: 45
LS Accel: 40
LS Decel: 22

Wing Downforce: F/R 30/ 30

Weight Ballast:
Ballast Weight: 75
F/R Balance: 25

CONCLUSION
This BMW 3 Series sedan makes for one fun spirited drive. Almost a track car feeling with the downforce in play with the spoiler equipped. It is on the 'over steer' side and does slide a bit through certain corners and turns but grips well most of the time. P.S. Tranny set-up and Laguna Seca time to be POSTED. I forgot to jot those numbers down.

That suspension makes me a sad panda.

More specifically the camber angles, the front toe, the springs, the dampers and the ride height. Then the LSD is tuned to get rid of the twitchiness induced by the suspension. I lol'd.

Last edited:
Different, definitely.

I just don't see why tuning the suspension to be twitchy and then trying to reel it back in slightly with the diff is of any use at all.

Is this a drifter, possibly? The suspension seems to support such activities.

SVX
And pic looks like it as well.

Thanks for asking instead of outright downing the car. Drifter yes and no, it can drift and slide ti certain extent though I've yet to go balls-to-the-walls drifting with it. The set-up does support the ability to drift. Now people It does and will over-steer to a certain but with the LSD tuned to in a way yes 'counters' the suspension set-up giving it handling and not just a lose end rear wheel drive. I wouldn't go as far as saying it's an expert tune set-up but a novice would have trouble keeping it off the green. But the picture wasn't a drift, that's turn 2 on GVS East I parked it there after the 7 lap tune and practice run.

Different, definitely.

I just don't see why tuning the suspension to be twitchy and then trying to reel it back in slightly with the diff is of any use at all.

To me it creates a balance that requires in knowledge of a car's behavoir while bith out and in control. So when entering a corner for example instead of the casual brake and turn method of going about the turn, I do more of a downshift and slide into corners, powerslide or drift in other words. It actauly works iut great and a lap time of less than one minute at Grand Valley East in a 330i seems pretty impressive considering I have Skylines R34's, 33's, and 32's GT-R's that do too. I still wont officialy call it a drifter though, if it were the suspension tune would be more drastically tuned!

Last edited:
So you've tuned the car to oversteer a bit rather than for neutrality? I'm sorry, while it might be fun it is most certainly not the fast way. (Although it'll feel like it)

And my point about countering the suspension with the differential... If the suspension was set up in a way that only very slight oversteer happens then the differential can be set loosely without losing much, greatly improving low-speed maneuvers. Using the suspension to reduce rear grip and then making the diff resist the car trying to turn just means you've pretty well destroyed grip (as rear grip is still reduced, but since the diff doesn't want to let the wheels turn at different speeds the nose is going to be pushed out as well, forcing you to corner slower).

Edit: Oh and were those times set with or without nitrous?

EDIT 2: Deffo nitrous'd for at least the straight line numbers, there's no way a 330i will run quicker than a low 11 without spray.

Last edited:
Fun yes, fast? You tell me, what's a good lap time for Grand Valley East in a production car? If this can run several seconds slower than a GT-R then I see it as a good show down thus the set-up proves how fast it is or isn't. Now the nose does dip into corners in what would cause speed loss if I come in on the brake. Which leads back to the set-up since I can slide into corners why brake knowingly knowing it will cause speed loss. Now the grip yes the wear last for nothing of course. Under that abuse how long would a R3 or S3 tire really last.

Production car. non LM, JGTC, or Prototype Class race cars ie. Castrol JGTC Supra, Audi R8 Racer, Mazda 787B, the list of race cars go on you do know that too. I'm sure you knew what a production car is. I don't care what tires you use or if you use nitrous, what's a decent lap time at GVS East or even better what's your best time in a 330i there? It's been proven in many magazines that drifting/sliding isn't the fastest way around the track. Who cares? That doesn't mean one can't tune a car to drive just that way. And there are plenty production cars with NoS, ie. friends EG hatch wit B16A swap.

Production car, to me, implies that it's something either series produced or capable of being series produced for road use. That means no nitrous and S or N tires.

Current best in the 330 at GVS East is a 58.9xx. Same specs as yours. (Lv 1 weight reduc rather than a higher stage and ballast, weight works out the same). Mind you said time is actually my only clean timed lap with this setup. Given more time I'm willing to bet it'll run a low 58 or high 57.

Mine also ran a 10.565 in the 1/4 and 18.7xx in the 1000m.

if I'm performing a slide into a corner or turn yes. It's not an over steering car that just so happened to end up tuned this way. I tuned this particular 330i to be exactly what it is. My other is a great 'grippy' track car that loves S3's. But yes it slides if I am purposely doing so.

Current best in the 330 at GVS East is a 58.9xx.

Given more time I'm willing to bet it'll run a low 58 or high 57.

Mine also ran a 10.565 in the 1/4 and 18.7xx in the 1000m.

Ok so you proved the point I was making drifting and sliding about is not the faster way around the track that's already known. The car isn't going to be scrutinized for behaving the way it is when it was tuned to be just this way. A drag between the two would be a close run from looking at the numbers however.

Last edited:
Because I have one, a white 330i. Not every car I build is strictly race only, that would be boring and unnecessarily tedious. I tune so many cars just to develop or test a new tune idea, this is one of them. I can build lap time winner's all day but I'm not just gonna not tune a car this way just because, that ludicrous.

Back