Sim Racing Madness [SRM] simracingmadness.comPS4 

Not sure what happened. I'm driving then all of a sudden I get a message saying 'You have been disconnected from the room.'

Lately, it seems like I've got one problem or another with this game on a daily basis.
I'm on the verge of losing my patience and calling it quits until they fix things up :banghead:.
Just now seeing this post. I will tell you the same thing I told Bear.....and I believe almost everyone would agree with me on this.......hardly any of us have problems anymore that aren't our own doing. I'll be the first to say that this game isnt absolutely perfect (show me a game that is) but those of us who have had the game for the year it has been out have found ways around every single issue there is. I will gladly help you with whatever issue you have and I can promise you I have a solution for it. All you have to do is ask and tell me the issue and I'll fix it for you. I'll gladly take the time to go into a private room and walk you through it. If anyone ever needs help I'm just a message away

Just now seeing this post. I will tell you the same thing I told Bear.....and I believe almost everyone would agree with me on this.......hardly any of us have problems anymore that aren't our own doing. I'll be the first to say that this game isnt absolutely perfect (show me a game that is) but those of us who have had the game for the year it has been out have found ways around every single issue there is. I will gladly help you with whatever issue you have and I can promise you I have a solution for it. All you have to do is ask and tell me the issue and I'll fix it for you. I'll gladly take the time to go into a private room and walk you through it. If anyone ever needs help I'm just a message away
Thank you Camel but, you didn't need to tell me this as you have already helped me out with this game more then anyone, and I appreciate that bud 👍.

I just don't think you could have helped me for this one. I was about 4-5 laps in, and then all of a sudden my screen gets a pop up saying something like - You have been Disconnected from the Server. This is something that had never happened to me before in this game so it wasn't something that I could have prepared for during the week leading up to the race. I just don't think anything could have been done for this problem in particular, assuming ones internet connections are good and up to par.

In case you forgot, my internet connection is very strong - 300 mbps Download and 300 mbps upload and I have Port Forwarded my system to my router. I also, immediately checked my internet the moment this happened so I know it was not my connection.

I also, did some searches on this and it seems like this use to be a big problem for this game but they sorted it all out for the most part.

Well, it hasn't happened since so I'm hoping this was something that was just a freak thing.

Thanks for caring bud :).

As far as the disconnect thing......the only fix (which is more of a band aid than a fix) is those who have poor internet or those who get the disconnect issue more frequently....the host needs to invite them first and let them join the room first. That usually fixes the problem (not always but usually). I believe you know Willphazier from Wednesdays.....he has connection issues and would disconnect in the race 75% of the time. So I started giving him the very first invite to the room and wouldn't send out other invites until he joined. Once he joined then I could send out the rest. Since I've started doing that he now only disconnects maybe once every 12 races. So yes the host can help in those situations if it's a known problem for some people

As far as the disconnect thing......the only fix (which is more of a band aid than a fix) is those who have poor internet or those who get the disconnect issue more frequently....the host needs to invite them first and let them join the room first. That usually fixes the problem (not always but usually). I believe you know Willphazier from Wednesdays.....he has connection issues and would disconnect in the race 75% of the time. So I started giving him the very first invite to the room and wouldn't send out other invites until he joined. Once he joined then I could send out the rest. Since I've started doing that he now only disconnects maybe once every 12 races. So yes the host can help in those situations if it's a known problem for some people
Yes, we used to do that very same trick on GT6 and in fact, we still do that on Sundays on GTS. Even to the point where we will have the guy with the weak connection host the rooms and most of the time it works.

So, yeah I know that trick myself but unfortunately it would'nt apply in my case.

Well anyway, let's hope that was just a one & done thing.

I forgot to mention the way scoring works tonight. Not a big deal, but different compared the TopGear event.

The race will not be scored by class. It will be scored by overall finishing position. Since there will be an overall winner, we will score it this way to also help prevent ties. It also means a slower car might have a chance to beat a faster one.

Hey Shaun
Can't make it tonight.
Enjoy the race and good luck guys

Ok Nick, have a good night! Hope to see you next week.

Yeah was going to ask you Shaun on the car situation for tonight.
---------------------------​

SmartSelectImage_2018-10-09-17-12-32.png

---------------------------​

Do we get to choose any 1 out of the 4 cars for any race but as long as the same car isn't used twice?

Or is it where:

Each track is driven with a particular car from the 4 chosen?

Im not to familiar with all the cars still but notice a few that are dlc. In this instance where i or another may not have a particular car how shall we proceed? im not a gurantee tonight but just want to know in advance anyways thanks @sgohsixthree

Do we get to choose any 1 out of the 4 cars for any race but as long as the same car isn't used twice?

Yes. There are 4 cars and 4 tracks, you use a different car at each track.

Im not to familiar with all the cars still but notice a few that are dlc. In this instance where i or another may not have a particular car how shall we proceed? im not a gurantee tonight but just want to know in advance anyways thanks @sgohsixthree

None of the cars are DLC, but 3 of the tracks are. I always try and avoid using DLC for that reason, but we are far enough into the game now and am taking liberties. That and the fact that the Lobanaro Lounge always uses DLC and tend to draw better than SRM. As far as whats going to happen. I might move the DLC tracks to the last races of the night, and those can stick around if they have them. But really, if you play and enjoy the game, get the DLC. :lol:

Yesh im cheap and dont get the dlc's lol but maybe im thinking of a different mustang then that i wasnt able to use in the vintage gta series?

Well that was way more fun than it had any business being. :lol: It sounded like everyone else had a good time too, regardless of struggling with the cars. When everyone is struggling its a bit more fun eh? :sly: The overall best car of the night seems to have been voted the Ferrari. I won't object to that.

So, based on the type of scoring I chose for the series, @SGETI comes out on top for Week 1! Keep in mind if this were the same scoring I used for the TopGear event, I'd be in 1st place :cool: (For giggles I might throw the other scoring up when its over.) But I think the series standings should skew towards drivers who can handle the cars and tracks thrown at them and be consistent at it. But it really does come down to what everyone else drives, which is what makes it interesting.

SRM - PCARS2 Series Results - MoMad.jpg

Yesh im cheap and dont get the dlc's lol but maybe im thinking of a different mustang then that i wasnt able to use in the vintage gta series?

Yeah it was the normal Road Mustang, not the RTR.

Attachments

• SRM - PCARS2 Series Results - MoMad.pdf
    540 KB · Views: 12
Yes, a few months ago. Not going to lie, there is a learning curve which takes time and patience. I have yet to digest all the functions.

If you used Jussi calculator, http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?54023-Project-CARS-2-Suspension-Calculator-v0-996(b) then using this program is similar but on steroids with the information and data.

Ill just take your tunes. Those are some straight up IKEA instructions.

Also I may or may not be there tomorrow. I'm supposed to be going out to dinner but, I've a beauty of a toothache, and my parents should know nothing but immigration stops me from racing on a Tuesday ;)

:gtpflag: RACEDAY ALERT!! :gtpflag:

Week 2 of the Marathon of Madness is upon us, and it’s everyones favorite: Open Wheels!!!

Azure is our first stop and as always, will prove the most challenging. There is a reason they don’t actually race 4 different classes at once there.:lol:

Azure Circuit | Hockenheim GP | Monza Classic | Barcelona National
  • A - 2011 Formula A (FA)
  • B - 2012 Formula Rookie (FR)
  • C - 1977 Lotus 78 (Vintage Formula B)
  • D - 1967 Lotus 49 (Vintage Formula C)

See you guys tonight!:cheers:

I have sold my racing rig and will be bowing out of simracing for awhile. Thank you for letting me be a part of the league i enjoyed it very much.

@sgohsixthree

Ok bud, wishing you the best. Had a great time with you around. Don’t hesitate to post back up if you get the itch again.:cheers:

Heads up, I will probably tag you as a formality for the remainder of the Enduro Series.

:gtpflag: RACEDAY ALERT!! :gtpflag:

Week 2 of the Marathon of Madness is upon us, and it’s everyones favorite: Open Wheels!!!

Azure is our first stop and as always, will prove the most challenging. There is a reason they don’t actually race 4 different classes at once there.:lol:

Azure Circuit | Hockenheim GP | Monza Classic | Barcelona National
  • A - 2011 Formula A (FA)
  • B - 2012 Formula Rookie (FR)
  • C - 1977 Lotus 78 (Vintage Formula B)
  • D - 1967 Lotus 49 (Vintage Formula C)

See you guys tonight!:cheers:

Please send me an invite, I'd like to race tonight.
Soooo.. It sounds like you are expecting everybody to make the right choice for Azure then?

Please send me an invite, I'd like to race tonight.
Soooo.. It sounds like you are expecting everybody to make the right choice for Azure then?

I'm not sure there is a right choice. :lol:

Also if anyone hasn't noticed, PSN is down. Hope it sorts itself out before the races.:nervous:

radical2A.png

(Almost called it Tootally Radical.) :crazy::D
You remember everyone's favorite car right? It's back! The format will be kinda similar to the last Radical Series with teams, except teammates will be determined by YOU and can change race to race! The catch is there can still only be 2 of each team livery at a time. But you don't have to race on a team...

There will be one overall winner. So why teams? If you and your teammate finish in consecutive order (1-2, 2-3, 15-16, ect.) You will each be awarded 5 Bonus Points! So pay attention to who you are close with and maybe think about teaming up to get max points! Or don't and just race to race.:D

sr3.jpg

teams.jpg

All Penalties on | Mandatory Pitstop​

November 6

Sugo
22 Laps | 9PM | 2x | Autumn | Hazy, Clear

Algarve
16 Laps | 12PM | 5x | Spring | Heavy Cloud, Rain

November 13

Oulton Park International
18 Laps | 5PM | 2x | Winter | Snow

Saikitto Sprint