SRT Viper GTS '13 610PP SM-SS Tune

• Thread starter Hilks
  • 1 comments
United States
United States
Hello! After 15 years of GT play I am posting my first tune. My greatest thrill from GT6 so far has been racing the Ascari 10 lap event in Super with normal cars. This SRT Viper GTS '13 has consistently turned laps of 2:11 to 2:15 and I run the race on sports mediums with two pit stops. Please let me know what you think.

Notes: Oil Change, Improved rigidity, Type C Aero, Fully Adjustable Suspension, Fully Customizable Transmission, Racing Brakes, Limited Slip Differential, Triple Plate Clutch, Carbon Drive Shaft.

2013 SRT Viper GTS
Sports Medium - Sports Soft
610 PP
PP 610
Max power (hp) 811
Weight(kg) 1260
Front Weight 0.50
Rear Weight 0.50
Max Torque (ft-lb) 695
Weight to Power (kg/hp) 1.55

Suspension
Front Rear
88 Ride Height 93
14.32 Spring Rate 13.55
7 Dampers (Comp.) 6
5 Dampers (Ext.) 5
4 Anti Rollbar 4
1.4 Camber 1.8
-0.04 Toe Angle 0.30
6 Brake Balance 5

Set the top speed at 242 mph. Final Gear at 3.550. Set gears 1-6, then final gear to 3.350.

Transmission

Max Speed 242 mph
1st 2.520
2nd 1.790
3rd 1.340
4th 1.050
5th 0.840
6th 0.700
Final Gear 3.350

Drivetrain
Rear
Initial 10
Accel 30
Brake 15

Body
Downforce Front 0
Downforce Back 20
Ballast Weight 0
Ballast Position 0
Weight Reduction stage 3
Hood Standard
Windows Standard

Power
Engine Tuning Standard
Computer Sports
Exhaust Semi Racing
Manifold Isometric
Cat Converter Sports
Intake Tuned
Supercharger Standard
Nitrous Standard

I have found that once you've run a few races with tire wear and fuel as part of your in-race concerns, there's no going back. I'm also a sucker for trying to tune cars for tires that are close to those it rolls off the lot on. That having been said, I totally agree with you on the Super - Ascari 10-lap challenge as a great event. As one who can't resist tweaking settings on every car I drive, I think this circuit is bliss for putting a car through its tuning paces. I'm going to give your tune a whirl (on the Ascari 10-lap S event) and post results in a bit. Thanks, Hilks!

Oops, I ran out of gas on the longest straight of lap 8, but my lead (over 1 min) at that point meant it was no sweat to limp into the pits for my final stint. It was my own fault for taking such a small sip of gas during my 1st pit. I intentionally kept my throttle application on the more ginger side, hoping to keep the tires as long as possible and allow for two 4-lap stints on sports mediums. Thus, with only 2 laps on my last stint I tried softs. Best time on mediums was lap 7 at 2:13.879. Then, on softs, I finally opened the taps to clock a 2:09.071".

Overall, I think this tune is nicely balanced. The car suffers from no unpredictable or frustrating quirks. I think it might be even more fun, since it feels generally so tight through low and mid-speed corners, to induce a little throttle-application oversteer in races where tire wear is turned off. If I were going to be using more sports mediums and hards, though, I think I would want the car a little softer. Its weight might settle more smoothly through low speed corners, especially, and might encourage a little less rear tire gobbling. Still, tire wear went as expected in this race. The rears wear slightly faster than the fronts, and the left to right wear ratio was 1:1. Nice work, Hilks. Smooth tune!

Last edited:
Back