SRT Viper has standardish wheel wells

  • Thread starter Thread starter Snakebitten
  • 8 comments
  • 995 views
Messages
743
United States
USA
Has anyone else noticed that the SRT Viper GTS has standard like wheel wells? It just ruins the model for me. I hope they add some mesh smoothing to it in an update. It really shows its ugly head on the white cars. I cant unsee it now lol. Its not hard as I used to mod for an RPG game in 3DMAX so a mesh smooth around that area or the whole model should eliminate that jaggedness. Sometimes if you smooth too much it can look like that too so I don't know if its a result of too much smoothing or not enough poly's.

Any other premiums with standard-like mesh problems?
 
Have you tried staring at it for a few seconds to see if it smooths out? The adaptive tessellation may be playing up.
 
Have you tried staring at it for a few seconds to see if it smooths out? The adaptive tessellation may be playing up.

I don't think its that. Just look at a replay, especially at night with a white SRT Viper and just look for the jaggies just slightly above the wheel wells. It doesn't go away. You wont see them in Gallery mode but you will see them in replay's. I guess that function doesn't work on replays.
 
Hmm... Not really. Looks smooth as glass on my end. And I don't even play at 1080p.
 
Interesting. I seem to be having problems with cars no one else I having. I always used to be the guy reading about everyone else having these kinds of niggling problems. Now I'm that guy lol.

Those jaggies are a constant feature in all my replays of my white Viper. And I am in 1080p mode. So far none of my other premiums show this problem.
 
I too am on 1080p. It's fine to me as well. Curiously do you play on the disc version or the digital?
 
It could be the adaptive tesselation. It takes several seconds for it to smooth out and the replay doesn't always give enough time for the process to finish before switching views. This would explain why it looks good in other modes.

Watch this video to see how long the tesselation takes.

 
Back