SSR11 (reverse)

• Thread starter Gil
  • 22 comments

Gil

Bird man
Premium
old-guy64
I wanna know how come you can race SSR 11 with a race model car and the reverse track calls for a non-race vehicle. I won it easily with a tricked out FTO LM racer going in the "right" direction.
The SSR11 II race is a bear! Mostly because the cars in GT 1 are busily trying to escape your control. This is the only race on t GT 1 that I have not completed.
Anyone else?

I like SSR11 because it gives you time to catch up if you spin out. And it is a real challenge. I like to take out the GTO LM edition out on that track. Its the only road track that I can get that thing to go into 7th gear.

I have to admit: if I don't beat all the other cars in the previous races in the Hard-Tuned Challenge; I don't have a prayer in SSR11 II. I think the best I've done in that direction is 3rd, with a Supra RZ.

I think the Hard-Tuned series is the most difficult. It took me about 5-6 tries to finally win a Trueno.

When I first played SSR11 I couldnt stand it. Now I am used to it and think its pretty good coz of all the sideways action you can get with the viper and because its challenging.

But I still think SSR11 reverse is just ridiculous!

I have won the SSR11 II endurance with lots of cars.

Use a GTO twinturbo of some sort, max it, and don't worry about sliding off certain walls, and you should win.

Places to cheat, er slide....

180 left turn at end of second straight.
Right turn at end of the straight over the bridge following the tunnel.
180 left turn after you've come out from the underpass.
Maybe the turn going on to the main straight.

My personal record was set by a Skyline GT-R'89, I believe. Slow by some people's standards at 0-50:38.661

Turbo-lag is slightly less drastic with a GTO, though.

Originally posted by pupik
I think the Hard-Tuned series is the most difficult. It took me about 5-6 tries to finally win a Trueno.
Hard-Tuned series with a Trueno?

Now that sounds like a challenge. Although the other cars do trade placings for you...

IMG
(dead smilie link here at gtplanet)

ashamed.gif
!

Last edited:
Sheeh, I find it a bear to win the Hand-Tuned with a Supra RZ or a GTO.

No way I could win it with a Trueno...I was just expecting a better car for winning the series!

Sometimes you win a Skyline.

Try driving a Cerbera.

It's still cheating because the handling is so good, but it doesn't feel like cheating. You need good settings for it, though.

The real problem with the Trueno is you literally can't really do anything with it--the prize version is strangely not eligible for the Lightweight Battle Stage.

The SS Rt 11 reverse hardtuned is the only race I hav'nt been able to win. I've tried using a cerbera of course,no luck, then the GT twin turbo again no luck.

Remember these tracks are designed to be realistic and competitive. Its when you reverse them that they become UNrealistic and stupid. It was stupid to include reverse tracks in the comp's, they should habe just been there to increase the playability of the game

If you really want to win, use a GTO twinturbo of some sort, or a Skyline GT-R of some sort, max it and cheat like crazy.

Slide at all the places I say above.

Use soft racing tires since although they wear out faster, the extra traction makes up for time lost in the pits.

Pit maybe 7,15,23 or even 6,12,18,24

Actually, I was recommending the Cerbera as a pleasant ride for someone who has mastered the Hard-Tuned series.

I've never tried it in the All-Night II, although I think I could win.

Worst spot on the track: entrance to that double chicane (now backwards) in the middle. With a 900hp supercar you should be able to take that section as slow as you want and still win.

Originally posted by pupik
Sheeh, I find it a bear to win the Hand-Tuned with a Supra RZ or a GTO.

No way I could win it with a Trueno...I was just expecting a better car for winning the series!
I finally did try racing the Hard-Tuned Series in a Trueno. I reloaded so a Civic was in the field, and then I finished fifth. :D

Sometime soon I'll try my All Hard-Tuned Opponents Civics GameShark code with this car.

Actually, it was the AE86 Levin, not the Trueno. But I'm working my way through all the used cars, and will get to the AE86 Trueno some day.

I know this Thread might be dead,
But can anyone pull up some pictures
of those strange corners in the underpass?

Sorry, but since I sold my GT1, I need pics to refresh
my memory.

So you're talking about All Night II right? The one where you can't use "racing special models"? That race is quite tough. But I managed to grab the win in a maxed-out Subaru Impreza STi Version III Sedan. 494 horses, low weight, and great handling and brakes. Just watch out for an RX-7 and/or a 612-horse Supra in that race. Those are both very quick and tough to beat. I recommend you use hard tires, and pit only once, on lap 15. And be careful about that "chicane" on the back "straight" of SSR11 II. That's gonna be an annoying corner throughout the race. And if you're wondering about All Night I (the one where you can use race cars), I won that one quite easily in an FTO LM, even with a Supra GT in the mix.

The Nismo 400R might be the best bet. But if you can win one, you can probably win the race with a variety of cars. Anything from a faster Silvia or Lancer up.

For various reasons I didn't race this race as much as I did some others.

I once sharked the race to be 60 laps at Grand Valley, so I could do a tuned version of the GV300 in a hard-tuned Cerbera. That was in preparation for beating the real GV300 with a hard-tuned Cerbera (no race-mod).

I have to admit: if I don't beat all the other cars in the previous races in the Hard-Tuned Challenge; I don't have a prayer in SSR11 II. I think the best I've done in that direction is 3rd, with a Supra RZ.

That series is VERY Difficult!!! And to top it all you get is a Sprinter Trueno. :banghead:

:idea:You should get a Corvette 427 for that, thats what you should get.

Back