Ssx mp4-12c 249.9

  • Thread starter Thread starter DMoss84
  • 9 comments
  • 1,462 views
Messages
192
Messages
DMoss84
I can't seem to squeeze out the last tenth of a mph for 250!

Ride height is max in front, lowest in rear. Toe and camber are 0's. I just can't figure out what else to do to get a bit more.

Any weight distribution tricks, etc, that I'm unfamiliar with?

Thanks!
 
Click the ratio of the last gear down a bit? Unless you have it set for a perfect 250 at redline already.
 
No no, you don't want to redline at your goal speed. You want the gear to stay in the power. Most cars fall off a LOT near redline; for instance the mp4 makes its max power at 8400 rpm. So you want the gear to be right on top of 8400 when you're nearing the car's maximum potential speed.
 
I know cars fall off at redline, but that happens on top speed runs... The MP4-12C doesn't have adjustable downforce, correct? Try max front ride height and minimum rear and make sure there is no camber and no toe.
 
For ultimate speed you want to be just over the top power revs, so if it hit peak power at 8400rpm you want the desired speed to be at 8450. I also lift the next gear down to as high as possible so you don't drop too many revs as you change into top. I use this a lot on ovals and where there are long straights.
 
You may be able to squeeze 1 more tenth out of it, with math. (I don't want to advertise, but my guide in the Tuning forum helps here.) Also, is it broken in?
 
👍 this is what I do as well
For ultimate speed you want to be just over the top power revs, so if it hit peak power at 8400rpm you want the desired speed to be at 8450. I also lift the next gear down to as high as possible so you don't drop too many revs as you change into top. I use this a lot on ovals and where there are long straights.
 
Yes the car is broken in. (Bought it in 2010 lol. By far my most driven car. Dialed in and does 6:15's at nur - never seen anyone come close to competing with the car in another mp4 online. Pretty proud of my fav supercar)

I challenge you guys to go out and try for 250 in the mp4. It's not easy!

Also, after hours and hours of testing the car either is falsely advertised as to where it's powerband lies or your theory of gearing for power slightly above max power isn't working, as I'm maintaining 249.9 at a lower rpm than max, and the car would struggle to make 247 under your theory. 250 ticks over for the game to register it but the car isn't maintaining the speed :drool:

Edit: Also tried the math theory. The car maintained only 246. The math would certainly give someone a place to start fine tuning their car, tho.
 
Last edited:
Edit: Also tried the math theory. The car maintained only 246. The math would certainly give someone a place to start fine tuning their car, tho.

Yeah, it only goes to the 100 rpm, so it's not perfect. If you had a ruler you could do likewise with somewhat more precision, but 246 isn't bad for a calculator that rounds.
 
Back