Stagea on Super Speedway - Help!

• Thread starter Turbo Lag
  • 22 comments

Turbo Lag

Premium
Australia
Melbourne
I need help with some settings on the Stagea Nismo. Im trying to win the GT All Stars race with a fully tuned Stagea, with every part available bought. I came last in a race by about 1 sec or so,with the leader car a few secs ahead of me :( Im racing on the Super Speedway btw. All i need is some settings to help me win this race with the wagon. Thanks
TL

What problems are you specifically having? May I suggest putting the downforce to 52/62,

and suspension to...

Spring rate 8.5/10.0
Ride height is optional
Bound 3/4
Rebound 6/7
Camber 3.0/1.5
No toe
Stabilizers 4/5

Stock ratios are fine, they are stripped from the R33 GT-R anyways. No need to get fancy, as the stock ratios do work with the speed and powerband quite well.

I had to make the ratios a bit longer, coz of the slipstream i get. I also get alot of understeer around the second corner.

Ohh, you should have got the 260RS then, the ratios are perfect. The 260RS is WAY better than the other crap one. :) Also the 260 is faster. All "tuner" cars can't be tuned to a high degree.

EDIT: Get your ass on MSN.

I have the RS,
Then why did you call it the Nismo? :lol: The Autech version is over 600HP tuned, and slap on some RSS tires if ya have to. EDIT: Hope you slapped on that sexy RM to it. Makes the Stagea pretty light.

I have the Autech one :mad: Nahh jk. Im confusing myself now.
Your setting kinda helped but not really. Anyway im gonna be off for a bit so i wont reply.

Always stiffen the rear and maybe increase the rear toe angle for more turning, if you need it. Also lower the front ride height or something.

I had to make the ratios a bit longer, coz of the slipstream i get. I also get alot of understeer around the second corner.
Interesting, I'll try it too. 260RS right?

Edit:
Ok, done trying.
Want to try my setting?

33.6xx best laptime, no wall touching, 4 seconds lead at grand turismo all stars event.

Nissan Stagea 260RS, setting for superspeedway:

Fully tuned.

Tire: Supersoft both

Suspension
-Spring Rate: 20.0 / 20.0
-Ride Height: 96/96
-Bound: 10 / 1
-Rebound: 10 / 1
-Camber: 0.0 / 0.0
-Toe: 0/ -0.20
-Stabilizers: 1 / 7

Brake Controller:
1/1

Transmission: Automatic

Gear Ratio:
Move final drive to 2.500, then move auto to 13
1st: 5.208
2nd: 3.378
3rd: 2.393
4th: 1.795
5th: 1.426
Final Gear: 2.500

Downforce
Amount: 0.42/0.70

LSD: 1/1 1/1 1/1

Driving Aids
-TCSC: 51

Car will hop at corner, but still stick to the road.

Ooh thanks :D Ill try it out in a while, im (again) going off for a little bit so ill reply back how good it is later :) And racer, your settings set my lap time up :lol:

Dang. Its my driving style then..

The Stagea is a rather advanced car to try in this series...isn't it kind of heavy? But at Super Speedway the Ai cars drive poorly; i remember they always braked into the first turn ! :lol:

If you figure out the racing line at the track (which is a very wide out-in-out into the first corner with no brakes, but brake heavily into the 2nd turn) you should be able to outpace the Ai. Make sure to draft them when you get the chance.

One more thing GT2 has a very specific demand not found in other GTs which is: when you follow cars into corners, beware cuz you won't have any of your downforce to keep you planted, so heavy understeer is always a step away. You basically have to brake early after a draft, if you're still drafting by the time you reach a corner, know what i mean?

I was drafting as much as i could :) I was racing againest a TS020 and i got owned by it :( Sucahyo, sorry i didnt reply, i didnt get a chance to play GT2 last night :(

I was drafting as much as i could :) I was racing againest a TS020 and i got owned by it :( Sucahyo, sorry i didnt reply, i didnt get a chance to play GT2 last night :(

what about brakes? Are you braking into the first turn like the Ai do? Or are you flying into it? You don't need brakes here...

I think that's the problem. We have faster cornering than AI, we should avoid hitting AI since it can slow us down. Stay at outside, atleast at the first half of the corner, cruise at about 140mph at small corner, around 165mph at large corner. Never hit the wall, especially at second half of the corner.

We have much faster corner exit speed which make avoiding random AI movement rather hard :ouch:. That TS020 always blocking me :mad:. I wish we have horn in GT2.

lol. On the first corner, I never go near the AI, they tend to slow down heaps. But as i start entering the second bend, i ran the AI, but i only use them as brakes, i dont really slpistream them around the whole bend..

lol. On the first corner, I never go near the AI, they tend to slow down heaps. But as i start entering the second bend, i ran the AI, but i only use them as brakes, i dont really slpistream them around the whole bend..

Why not try using your actual brakes instead? Why are you even asking for tuning advice if you confuse Gran Turismo with bumper cars? :confused:

But as i start entering the second bend, i ran the AI, but i only use them as brakes, i dont really slpistream them around the whole bend..
I think that's what make your car can't pass the TS020. we do not need to brake as much as the AI. we can pass them when they brake.

Using AI car as brake will only slow us down. On equal car, my car usually has better cornering than AI's, even if I use the same tire and without downforce.

I tried to run both Stageas... The Autech one was good to drive and it was easy to beat the AIs, but the other, 25t, which is less powerful, was too slow to beat them. I finished 6th being in 1.6 seconds.

Back