"Standard Cars" - Do they have working Wipers and High Beams?

  • Thread starter Thread starter NascarCowboy
  • 17 comments
  • 3,474 views
Messages
10
Germany
Germany
Messages
Player1200
As the Thread-Title states - My question is, if the Standard Cars that we still have in GT6 now at least have fully functional windshield wipers and high beams or not?

Would definitely be important to me, as I'm looking forward to do some Night-Time Racing in bad weather conditions which was mostly impossible in GT5's Standard Cars due to the lack of High Beams and Wipers (which I thought was ridiculous...).

Thanks in advance for all of your answers!

~ NascarCowboy
 
Wipers, nope. High Beams, dunno.
 
From what I've seen from the Mercedes Vision, which looks to be standard, you can flash your headlights, which means there is a good possibility of there being high/low beams.
 
Standards dont have wipers/high beams like GT5 ! BUT you can remove the wing to some (Impreza for example) and if you upgrade the brakes its visible now :)
 
Standards dont have wipers/high beams like GT5 ! BUT you can remove the wing to some (Impreza for example) and if you upgrade the brakes its visible now :)

Okay, thanks for letting me know.
That ..kinda.. sucks tbh.
Oh, well... pre-ordered it anyway and will receive my 15th Anniversary Copy on Monday.

Catch you guys on the track!
 
On standard cars you can toggle low/high beams, but although the light cone on the front of the car will change, the car's front lights won't. This implies that flashing doesn't work, unless you do it manually, and you can only do that when you can use low beams.

No working wipers as far as I've seen. The windscreen always allows good visibility.
 
I have tested the Seat Ibiza Cupra and Impreza `02 so far but I cant toggle high/low beams at night ,and can`t flash the lights during day either... I will try again :)
 
I have tested the Seat Ibiza Cupra and Impreza `02 so far but I cant toggle high/low beams at night ,and can`t flash the lights during day either... I will try again :)
You have to set a "Toggle low/high beams" button. The "Flash&Toggle" one won't work.
 
yeah while writing this post I realised that , thanks :)
 
Standrad Low Beam and High Beam are Work ONLY! who post wrong.
 
On standard cars you can toggle low/high beams, but although the light cone on the front of the car will change, the car's front lights won't. This implies that flashing doesn't work, unless you do it manually, and you can only do that when you can use low beams.

No working wipers as far as I've seen. The windscreen always allows good visibility.
Thanks! Sound okay - Wipers would be a cool addition, but for as long as I got a clear sight it's just a minor thing.
 
Standrad Low Beam and High Beam are Work ONLY! who post wrong.
Good to knowings that are only work. Was of confused. Not know who into postings worng.
 
Will they also work during daytime? Just bein curious...
 
Just bought the Skyline Safety Car.

The headlights are on constantly, and you cannot switch between high/low beams at daytime (but it was like that in the GT4 and 5 aswell).
At night the high/low beams do work but there is no visible change in the headlights themselves.

Also, the lightbar and the strobes work and they in fact light up the surrounding scenery, but you still can't turn them off.
Tried the High/low beam button, horn button and the Flash headlights button.:(

I hope they give us an on/off switch on the january update, could be easily mapped to the "Flash Headlights" button just like in the premium race cars.
 
Last edited:
From what I've seen from the Mercedes Vision, which looks to be standard, you can flash your headlights, which means there is a good possibility of there being high/low beams.
The Vision GT is a Premium car.
 
The sad thing about the Merc VGT is that the headlights only illuminate the roadside treetops, not the road ahead. Or thats what I experienced on the Nürburgring.
 
From what I've seen from the Mercedes Vision, which looks to be standard, you can flash your headlights, which means there is a good possibility of there being high/low beams.
Merc VGT is premium non-interior like the GTR proto and FT-86 II
 
Back