Standard premiums...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Vyvian
  • 24 comments
  • 1,684 views
Messages
465
Messages
Epicity
...Has anyone come across any of the cars that are both new to the series and listed on the official car list as standard and premium? By this I mean the GTbyCitreon Concept, Ferrari Enzo, Chevrolet Corvette ZR1, Ferrari F2007? Also, slightly different, but has anyone come across the standard 787B?

To anyone who has (if they actually exist in standard form in the final game), what are they like? What's the comparison to the premium counterparts?
 
A second, loosely related point, the Mitsibushi Lancer Evo IV Rally Car '97 is said to be premium and standard on the official Gran Turismo car list, but it isn't up for grabs in the new car dealership, how odd.
 
No one has any light to shed on this?
 
Nope, I'm just waiting for a response because I'm clueless on this as well.
 
Nope, I'm just waiting for a response because I'm clueless on this as well.

The search function didn't bring anything up on it either. Hmmm, the only thing I could think of is if one imports a car from GTPSP? However, please correct me if I'm wrong, I have not owned GTPSP, nor witnessed the importing process.
 
The Veyron
Jaguar XFR
Mazda Furai
They are all new cars to the series, yet standards. The XFR is a 2010 model, so I'm assuming that will be one of those cars that will get the premium treatment PD has been talking abou.t
 
The Veyron
Jaguar XFR
Mazda Furai
They are all new cars to the series, yet standards. The XFR is a 2010 model, so I'm assuming that will be one of those cars that will get the premium treatment PD has been talking abou.t

I can reluctantly understand why a couple of new cars may have been left standard, as they were pressured to release the game in a hurry (five odd years wasn't enough) as their reputation was hanging by a strand, so they may not have had time to finish a couple of premium cars (XFR/Furai/Countach), but it's unfathomable that new cars to the series, that HAVE been made premium are also listed as being available as standard.
 
I can reluctantly understand why a couple of new cars may have been left standard, as they were pressured to release the game in a hurry (five odd years wasn't enough) as their reputation was hanging by a strand, so they may not have had time to finish a couple of premium cars (XFR/Furai/Countach), but it's unfathomable that new cars to the series, that HAVE been made premium are also listed as being available as standard.

Those I don't know. I think you can pick up a standard Enzo from the UCD that may be a direct port from GTPSP. Other cars are Audi R8 LMS, Countach, Benz SLR.
 
Those I don't know. I think you can pick up a standard Enzo from the UCD that may be a direct port from GTPSP. Other cars are Audi R8 LMS, Countach, Benz SLR.

Ah, right! How could I forget the LMS?!:dunce: Also, you say you think, have you ever seen it in the UCD? And a question for anyone else, has anyone seen a premium car's standard version in the UCD?
 
Related to this, I bought the Nissan GT Proto from the dealer today, a premium car that oddly enough has no cockpit view, so why is it a premium and not a standard?

It was like that in GT5:P (the only car that had no interior) but I'd assumed they'd have fixed that in the meantime.
 
Related to this, I bought the Nissan GT Proto from the dealer today, a premium car that oddly enough has no cockpit view, so why is it a premium and not a standard?

It was like that in GT5:P (the only car that had no interior) but I'd assumed they'd have fixed that in the meantime.

Ooo, how odd! Does it simply not allow you to enter cockpit view whilst switching camera placements?
 
Ah, right! How could I forget the LMS?!:dunce: Also, you say you think, have you ever seen it in the UCD? And a question for anyone else, has anyone seen a premium car's standard version in the UCD?

I have not, so thats why I say I think. But I think the official car list say they exist.
 
If I'm not mistaken didn't the Proto not have a proper interior in real life?
 
I think the "standard premiums" are cars that are in GTPSP, and are there to be imported from the PSP. Another example is the F2007. A friend of mine imported this from his PSP; he was given the standard version in GT5. Needless to say, he was disappointed.
 
I've seen the standard SLR a few times, but never the 787B..
 
The Veyron
Jaguar XFR
Mazda Furai
They are all new cars to the series, yet standards. The XFR is a 2010 model, so I'm assuming that will be one of those cars that will get the premium treatment PD has been talking abou.t

yep I thought it was a bit odd that the Jag was only standard... so maybe some other cars from 2010 are due to be added as premiums in the near future (here's hoping)... the BMW Z4 GT3 that featured in last years Nurb 24h race would be nice :drool:
 
Those car with the P/S in front of their names have 2 versions in game:
-The Premium can be bought in the New Car Dealership.
-The Standard version can only be ported from the PSP to use in Arcade Mode only.
There maybe some exception I think but I'm 100% sure you will not see a standard 787B or Enzo in the UCD.
 
Seems silly to me, if you import a car from GTPSP why can't it just give you the best version in GT5 ie a premium if there is one, if not then just a standard? Yet another strange confusing one thrown in by PD.

I don't think the Nissan GTR proto has a cockpit because it is a prototype car and probably doesn't have one yet to model.
 
Related to this, I bought the Nissan GT Proto from the dealer today, a premium car that oddly enough has no cockpit view, so why is it a premium and not a standard?

It was like that in GT5:P (the only car that had no interior) but I'd assumed they'd have fixed that in the meantime.

Well, the real one doesn't have an interior as well so they couldn't model it.
It's basically a show-only mock-up prototype to parade around international carshows for a while, it probably hasn't got any working mechanicals either and it's therefore impossible to drive in real life.
So there's nothing to fix, it's just odd I guess that they chose this car at all to receive the full Premium treatment whilst the new '10 Jaguar XF-R is strangely enough a newly added Standard.
It seems logic never really caught on in PD's office block.........
 
@ Vyvian
Please give users a chance to find your thread and perhaps reply to it. Double and triple posting in less than 20 minutes really is not needed here.
We do have an edit button available. Next time use it please. 👍
 
@ Vyvian
Please give users a chance to find your thread and perhaps reply to it. Double and triple posting in less than 20 minutes really is not needed here.
We do have an edit button available. Next time use it please. 👍

Sure, no worries. :)

Thanks for the speculation, guys. :)
 
Ooo, how odd! Does it simply not allow you to enter cockpit view whilst switching camera placements?
Sorry for the delay there, sleep then work...

No interior at all, it acts camera-wise just like a standard car.

Okay, for a car with no mechanical parts, a pure mock up, it sure motors along sweetly! Should have put a KIT style red light on the front if no cockpit view can be recreated - that should freak any online competition seeing that in their rearview:lol:

And YAY! 100 posts!!
 
I have a standard and premium version of RX7's that are identical down to the description, name, colour, stats, everything. There is others too...
 
Back