Standard, Semi-Pro or Pro Control Style?

I would have loved to put a Poll in right here, but I'll just have to make do with what I know.

I currently use PRO.

This is the First Motorcycle game I've ever owned. I've Played the XBox MotoGP (is that even right?) games when they're demoing them at Best Buy, but I've never owned a single Motorcycle title. So I guess I get to work with a clean slate.

I started out for the first race (Honda CB400*something* at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca)with Standard, but I don't know if that's realistic at all, when it applies both front and rear brakes for the main brake, and the rear for R2. So, on my second race, i took the honda CBR600RR (I think) and went to Seattle. Talk about trial by fire.

Got the hang of it, and after just 3 laps on each race, I went in and got the first license with all gold (except for the last one... working on it!). Is this just beginners luck, a really easy set of tests or am I good at this game through playing GT4?

Pro mode all the way
i mean...individual brakes on a bike is a no brainer. stick or no stick? I am on the analog for my front brake and accel

dking
stick or no stick? I am on the analog for my front brake and accel

Both Sticks, (analog joySticks that is.)

Manual Transmission, (Stick Shift?)

Remapped keys so shifting is back to R2 and L2.

_______----------___________
Edit:

Mr.Herron:
I just switched the shoulder buttons up, and that seems to work well... I just wish I could Toggle the Tuck feature.

Kuhnaydeein
Both Sticks, (analog joySticks that is.)

Manual Transmission, (Stick Shift?)

Remapped keys so shifting is back to R2 and L2.

_______----------___________
Edit:

Mr.Herron:
I just switched the shoulder buttons up, and that seems to work well... I just wish I could Toggle the Tuck feature.

I meant do you use analog as oppsed to the button X for acceleration and [ ] for brake.

Pro Style all the way... Gas / front brake on the right stick, up / down on R1 / L1...

dking
I meant do you use analog as oppsed to the button X for acceleration and [ ] for brake.

Yeah, right joystick for the Gas and Brake... but I didn't reverse it (The option to make Down the gas and Up the brake, I guess that's a little more accurate as when you hit the gas on a real bike, you turn the grip Down and not push it up...)

I've been using Both analog sticks (Gas, Brake & Steering) since Gran Turismo 1. Been using a Manual transmission since then too.

Pro. It made for some funny moments at first, like when I kept the transmission stuck in first gear coming out of a corner because I thought I was actually tucking, but you get the hang of it pretty quickly. Now it seems like second nature, and I prefer the additional challenge of Pro over Standard.

I use pro mode but I really cannot tell the difference other than more dedication and effort required for throttle. Is it me, or is this game just too easy in pro mode?

you change gearbox seperately in one of the game options i believe.

I have only played on pro mode. I like my GT games hard and as real as i can get them.

Back