Standard tires and race cars?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mr. Boy
  • 5 comments
  • 566 views
Messages
676
Messages
ham_vet001
Have you ever driven a race car with standard tires? It's REALLY hard to drive with it. I tried driving an M3 GTR race car with economy tires and it just wouldn't grip the tarmac. With R3 tires it drives like its on rails. I suppose it's more realistic this way.
 
Of course it is. Standard tires are for production cars, sports tires are circuit tires for production cars, and racing tires are for race cars. :)

Duck
 
Yeah, I know. But games like GTR and Enthusia have extremely touchy physics models that make GT4 look like Burnout. I'm not saying that I'm not satisfied with GT4's physics model. Its perfect. I'm just wondering if you think that driving with standard tires makes the game more realistic.
 
Well, of course not, it's a race car and isn't set up to drive on road tyres.
 
As for tyres on Racecars, I´d say that R1 are equal(sp?) to a soft to mediumsoft compound IRL. So if you want more realism, never use anything but R1 on your racers.
 
Back