Standards (some look really good, others don't, why?)

  • Thread starter Thread starter squeakD
  • 13 comments
  • 964 views
Messages
514
Just curious about something. Clearly there has been a very heated debate over standard and premium cars. However.., what baffles me is why there are standard vehicles and "substandard" vehicles.

Some of the standards actually look really good. I just purchased the Impreza Super Touring Car from the OCD. I'm amazed at how good this vehicle looks (considering it's a standard). I took it into the photo mode to have a closer look and I just can't understand why all the standards don't have this level of detail. Some of these really high priced standard race cars honestly look like complete sh** in terms of graphics.., yet you get these really nice looking standard circuit racers that cost much less and look amazing.

I think that if PD had given all the standards the same attention to detail as this Impreza.., more people would be happy with the standards.

When looking at it in photo mode.., I was so surprised to see "fine lines" and not jagged edges. It's really a very clean looking standard and well worth the credits (if you haven't purchased it yet).
 
I really haven't noticed standard cars that look better than others but i'm sure some of them do based on what your saying. I think PD took some time out for certain cars to look better than others and sound better than others but i'm not sure.
 
I know I heard either this past update or maybe the one before that PD was supposed to update some standard cars I think.
 
I too have noticed this, IIRC the R32 skylines have crisp lines for the windows, unlike a LOT of standards.
 
I really haven't noticed standard cars that look better than others but i'm sure some of them do based on what your saying. I think PD took some time out for certain cars to look better than others and sound better than others but i'm not sure.

I'm wondering if it's also part to do with what GT title some of the standards come from. The poor trade off however for this Impreza is the sound is beyond digital. Looks good though.
 
I've noticed that the GT Pace Car has great reflections on the paint, it looks really sharp.
 
That's because some of them are built during the development of GT4 and some were constructed from past GT (and brought into GT4 and then GT5). Even in GT4 you'd noticed the difference in built quality. It's not quite as apparent as it is in GT5 due to resolving power of GT5/PS3- GT5 being a HD game shows more- but noticeable nonetheless.
 
They all look uncompleted. I don't mind about the cocpit view, but I realy want to see them look like premiums - finished, one day. This won't change the driving style, but will definitly make the replays more epic :)
 
Some of the Standards are also glitched, causing them to look worse than they did in previous GT games. The Legacy 2.0GT Spec B (but not the regular Legacy 2.0GT) and Hyundai HDC6 suffer from this, off the top of my head. If you have GT5 version 1.0, considerably more of them also had the problem.
 
Trial%20Mountain%20Circuit.jpg

Dont put your back to low on this car ... Poppin tyres :p
 
Audi R8 LMS team playstation looks very good for a standard.
 
Back