Stander

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dave A
  • 1 comments
  • 415 views

Dave A

TreVoR fan for life
Moderator
Messages
30,475
United Kingdom
Cuddington, Cheshire
Messages
JDA1982
I saw this movie today, I'd never heared of it until last week when my brother recommended it to me. It follows Andre Stander, a south African cop who hates the system he lives in, after failing to be relived of riot duty he turns to robbing banks. It's based on a true storey, a lot of the film is very accurate, the endings not exactley as it happened in real life, but it wasn't that far off and the point and the reason he did what he did was the same.

Thomas Jane plays Andre Stander, and in quite a change from The Punisher, he does well, especially with the South African accent. Overall I liked this movie, it's not a hollywood action flick, it's well filmed and well acted and doesnt feature tonnes of explosions, just a lot of bank robberies.

So has anyone else seen it?
 
live4speed
I saw this movie today, I'd never heared of it until last week when my brother recommended it to me. It follows Andre Stander, a south African cop who hates the system he lives in, after failing to be relived of riot duty he turns to robbing banks. It's based on a true storey, a lot of the film is very accurate, the endings not exactley as it happened in real life, but it wasn't that far off and the point and the reason he did what he did was the same.

Thomas Jane plays Andre Stander, and in quite a change from The Punisher, he does well, especially with the South African accent. Overall I liked this movie, it's not a hollywood action flick, it's well filmed and well acted and doesnt feature tonnes of explosions, just a lot of bank robberies.

So has anyone else seen it?
I saw this film featured on Ebert, a while back, so it's probably coming out on DVD here soon. I really liked Jane from the Punisher, so I'll make sure to check it out.
 
Back