Standing starts S license tests in 1.04

  • Thread starter Thread starter pyrates
  • 15 comments
  • 1,360 views
Messages
1,950
Poland
Poland
I haven't done the S license tests before the update to 1.04. Yesterday I got to it and I noticed that my starts are significantly worse than those of my friends who completed the license tests before 1.04.

I especially notice it in S-4 as I lose about .5 second just off the line. The only way I can start somewhat quick is by starting in 2nd gear or with TCS on (which I don't normally use). And this is still not a particularly great start. Without TCS I cannot start in 1st gear without the rear wheels spinning violently.

Anybody with the same problem?
 
No, I usually launch with quarter to half pedal and when wheels have traction, full. Sounds like you're giving too much gas too soon.
 
I did try that, too. But also this way my starts seem to be significantly slower than my friends'. I am just wondering if it has anything to do with 1.04 as I didn't really have that problem before (neither that heavy spin nor that much slower starts).
 
Apparently, in 1.04, 4WD drive cars are now bugged and only have RWD, or at least a very heavy rear-biased torque split.
 
Don't know about the differences, I'll try it out tonight.

What I did notice throughout the GT series, (gt6 no exception) is that you do get a better start once and a while doing nothing different than the time before, ie mashing the pedal... It happened to me in the license tests and in the mission races. The weirdest one being the last S mission. I was having a heck of a time, lots of restarts and then bang... one time I'm a full car and a half ahead of my ghost car, the car never spins out on the start, so no difference in traction between runs.
Maybe the update had something to do with that?

I drive with TCS off and use automatic trans.
 
1.04 made almost every AWD car to an RWD car.
Try the HPA Golf it´s a RWD without fitting the Torque splitter.

So => the Aventador and Veyron challenge become a bit harder due to the standing starts.
 
I thought something was fishy. Anyway, I will try a couple of 4WD cars to see how they feel now.
 
so does that make S-4 harder?
 
so does that make S-4 harder?

I have now golded them all but I am definitely way slower off the line compared to those who did it pre 1.04 no matter what I do.
 
I have now golded them all but I am definitely way slower off the line compared to those who did it pre 1.04 no matter what I do.
shoot i'm having alot of trouble with this one.
 
shoot i'm having alot of trouble with this one.

Yeah, for me S-4 was the hardest license test. You have to throw the car quite heavily in the corners and not be afraid to let it drift a bit. It is really nicely controllable in a drift. Took me a couple of tries to get it right though.
 
Its driving me crazy! the super license is the only thing I need for the platinum trophy.
 
There we go! At least they were quick with that fix.

Quite right...they were very quick to fix something which was fine until they tried to fix something else which, probably, was caused by fixing something else. It feels like they are playing domino games and keep knocking one over which knocks other dominoes over :lol:
 
Quite right...they were very quick to fix something which was fine until they tried to fix something else which, probably, was caused by fixing something else. It feels like they are playing domino games and keep knocking one over which knocks other dominoes over :lol:

Yeah PD really needs to do something about their whack-a-mole update process.
 
Back