Standing vs Rolling starts

Does anyone have a overview of which tracks use a rolling start and which tracks feature a standing start?

I used to think real circuits used a rolling start and GT original circuits used a standing start. Suzuka and High Speed Ring proved me wrong though. Detailed information on this would be appreciated.

I think all tracks should have used standing starts. They all had room for 6 cars anyway, and the rally tracks had room for 2.

The tracks with standing starts are High Speed Ring, Suzuka, Trail Mountain, Tokyo Route 246, El Capitan, Apricot Hill, Cathedral Rocks, Chamonix, Ice Arena, Grand Canyon, Swiss Alps, Tahiti Maze, Grand Valley (I think), Midfield, and Fuji (all versions).

All other tracks are rolling starts during races, although in some cases (license tests, missions, etc) it's possible to start while standing.

The tracks with standing starts are High Speed Ring, Suzuka, Trail Mountain, Tokyo Route 246, El Capitan, Apricot Hill, Cathedral Rocks, Chamonix, Ice Arena, Grand Canyon, Swiss Alps, Tahiti Maze, Grand Valley (I think), Midfield, and Fuji (all versions).

All other tracks are rolling starts during races, although in some cases (license tests, missions, etc) it's possible to start while standing.

Some GVS are rolling, some are standing. I believe its more of the manufacturer races that are rolling, however I distinctly remember the Crossfire and Speedster race as a standing start there. (thank goodness, they're brutal)

The GT4 guide gives this info (on most races).

Test Track is also standing... and I believe I remember rolling stars at El Capitan as well as standing.

Some GVS are rolling, some are standing. I believe its more of the manufacturer races that are rolling, however I distinctly remember the Crossfire and Speedster race as a standing start there. (thank goodness, they're brutal)

The GT4 guide gives this info (on most races).

Test Track is also standing... and I believe I remember rolling stars at El Capitan as well as standing.

Ah. I stand corrected then.

I hate rolling starts, why they dont have classic standing starts like in real races.
S-10... at Gt5p would be easier with standing start.

I hate rolling starts, why they dont have classic standing starts like in real races.

Many race series have rolling starts. I do agree with your statement concerning S-10 though (don't have a PS3 but had to beat it for a mate at their place).

Me personally. I hate rolling starts.

The ai bumps into the walls on a few tracks which destroys any sense of realism the game had.

It also gives the car in first place a big lead on the car in last place (which in general is my car because I cant be bothered qualifying). Although that does give more of a challenge, I still hate them. :grumpy:

Naah... I don't like ''Rolling Start''. Nurburgring Nordschleife is one of the example of a track that has the Rolling Start and I hated it. I would love to have a Standing Start there and fighting each other of whose going to be first into turn 1. There were enough room for it :(

The only way you can feel the Standing Start there is only in Mission 35 I think though you have to wait 120 seconds and by the time all the cars have gone away...

Naah... I don't like ''Rolling Start''. Nurburgring Nordschleife is one of the example of a track that has the Rolling Start and I hated it. I would love to have a Standing Start there and fighting each other of whose going to be first into turn 1. There were enough room for it :(

The only way you can feel the Standing Start there is only in Mission 34 I think though you have to wait 120 seconds and by the time all the cars have gone away...

Since GT4 has only 34 driving missions, I fixed it.

i do prefer grid starts, getting a good launch is as much a part of racing as anything, although obviously in races like NASCAR, it should be rolling

Most real races are rolling starts, grid starts are AWFUL--everybody crashes and ruins the whole race.

I hate rolling starts, and there's no point saying that most real races are one or the other; it depends on the motorsports, ie Nascar and F1. and @Max Weismann, dunno what sort of races yo watch...banger racing?

Rolling starts thing. It is a piece of 🤬. It just makes races harder. For example in GT5 you start a seasonal in Tsukuba. The first car skips Sector 1 and I go "this is 🤬 🤬". More as I get closer. I start from the starting line. Usually I finish those races in 4th-5th, even with best driving.

Back