"Star" Player

• Thread starter Danny_GT2
  • 7 comments
Ireland
Dublin, Ireland
Danny_GT2
First post here in 7 years!! Anyhoo. Got the notification earlier to say I qualified as a Star Player due to the fact I finished the Nations Cup as the 4th best Irishman and I was initially chuffed! A quick browse of the GTP forums quickly changed that as seemingly everyone has gotten what I thought was a prestigious S/S rating thanks to my efforts in the Nations Cup races. I'm confused as to how so many have qualified as a 'Star' Player. Do you just have to be in the top 10 in your local area, never mind your country/manufacturer, or is this PD experiencing teething problems in its first proper season of competition-style sim racing?

Well, PD set "prerequisites" as:
Nations Cup: Top 200 players in a Season's ranking, or the top 10 players for each country
Manufacturer Series: Top 200 players in a Season's ranking, or the top 10 players from each manufacturer

As far as problems, depends on who you ask. Some think it's ridiculous because some people from a small country or that chose an unpopular manufacturer have received the Star Player with very low DR scores. Ultimately it doesn't change anything for the Championship, just some are objecting to low DR players being referred to as Star Players.

There is a lengthy and somewhat heated debate on the matter going down in the FIA discussion thread, and it will ultimately lead nowhere. The way I see it, the S rank says little more than "I actually made an effort last season."
In fact, I'm honestly starting to think that it was a ploy to get as many players as possible invested in this championship and fill up the lobbies...

There is a lengthy and somewhat heated debate on the matter going down in the FIA discussion thread, and it will ultimately lead nowhere. The way I see it, the S rank says little more than "I actually made an effort last season."
In fact, I'm honestly starting to think that it was a ploy to get as many players as possible invested in this championship and fill up the lobbies...
I think PD would prefer the term "Encouraging participation." :lol:

Well, PD set "prerequisites" as:
Nations Cup: Top 200 players in a Season's ranking, or the top 10 players for each country
Manufacturer Series: Top 200 players in a Season's ranking, or the top 10 players from each manufacturer

As far as problems, depends on who you ask. Some think it's ridiculous because some people from a small country or that chose an unpopular manufacturer have received the Star Player with very low DR scores. Ultimately it doesn't change anything for the Championship, just some are objecting to low DR players being referred to as Star Players.
Yes and the prerequisites would be fine if they restricted it with championship points needed as well. Say, 1000 or 1500 minimum for Star.

Do you lose the DR.S rank when dropping in SR? I already saw a couple S/A players yesterday when my SR got below 90. Are there any S/B players?

The DR.S rank doesn't say anything about driving abilities though, some were all over the place, some quite dirty as well. There were more DR.S than A+ players in the races so I figured the requirements must be a lot lower to get DR.S status.

Do you lose the DR.S rank when dropping in SR? I already saw a couple S/A players yesterday when my SR got below 90. Are there any S/B players?

The DR.S rank doesn't say anything about driving abilities though, some were all over the place, some quite dirty as well. There were more DR.S than A+ players in the races so I figured the requirements must be a lot lower to get DR.S status.

That is because from what I've seen there are not enough A+ players to fill the top 200 spots. You have to add then underepresented countries and unpopulated manufacturers.

Back