Star Trek movies post Abrams (spoilers)

• Thread starter Conza
  • 2 comments

Do you like the 'new' Star Trek movies?

• I liked them both

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I only liked Star Trek (2009)

• I only liked Star Trek: Into Darkness (2013)

• I didn't like either

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Conza

Sports Caraholic
Premium
Australia
Melbourne
Conza_No1
Just wondering what peoples opinions are of these films.

I'm a huge star trek fan, would challenge anyone on this forum to know more, I own all of it on DVDs, yes including TAS, and I've seen every episode of all of the shows atleast 2 times, most 3 or 4 times, more even more. So as a self-titled expert and mega fan, I didn't feel these movies did well enough, I'm hoping they'll be only one more, and then Jeff (J. J.) will get tired of them and move off.

When '09 came out, I thought 'omg what a piece of "dust".' and gave it about 2/10, then I rewatched it and thought I was being a little harsh, so I raised my score to 4.5/10, which on reflection is reasonable, considering the complete lack of plot, star trek errors, pathetic casting, twisted character interactions and developments and so on.

This new film, is a 5.9/10 I'd say, it did improve on the previous, but it borrowed significantly from the original Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, and once again the casting was all over the place, the Klingons looked just ridiculous, general Star Trek errors, all the usual complaints of the first, but it was somehow a bit stronger overall, so I felt more inclined to rate it slightly higher.

One thing that any fan not impressed with the latest movies can relax about, is it's not only an alternative reality, but also a seperate universe altogether, so I feel that everyone between 'The Cage' and 'Star Trek: Nemesis' is left untouched by anything Jeff does, so personally it allows me to think more objectively toward the whole series and not have a constant 'ergh he's ruining the franchise' bug on my shoulder, as he's kind of leaving it alone.

Anyway, want to see what fans and general observers feel about these two films, a basic poll and mostly discussions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back