Star Wars Squadrons

MagpieRacer

Premium
England
Wymondham, Norfolk
MagpieRacer

Launching October 2nd 2020 on Xbox One, PS4 (VR compatible) and PC (VR compatible. Origin, Steam and Epic). £34.99, $39.99

PROTECT THE GALAXY
Plan every skirmish with your squadron in the briefing room before taking off to the evolving battlefields across the galaxy. Pilots will triumph as a team in known and never-before-seen locations, including the gas giant of Yavin Prime and the shattered moon of Galitan.

MASTER LEGENDARY STARFIGHTERS
Take full control of different starfighter classes from both the New Republic and Imperial fleets, such as the X-wing and TIE fighter. Modify your ship, divert the power between its systems, and destroy your opponents in strategic space dogfights.

STAY ON TARGET
Compete in intense 5v5 dogfights, unite with your squadron to tip the scales in monumental fleet battles, and take off in a thrilling Star Wars™ single-player story. Immerse yourself in the pilot’s seat completely with the option to play the entirety of Star Wars™: Squadrons in virtual reality (VR) on PlayStation®4 and PC with cross-play support.

This looks like a really awesome, new version of X-Wing vs Tie Fighter. No word on a next gen version, but thats a very attractive price for what looks to be a quality game.

It should be a major component of Battlefront rather than its own game imo, I'm sure its also going to be DLC central.

However it looks pretty decent and VR could do with something like this to keep it relevant / give it a boost.

Last edited:
I'm cautiously excited about this - it could be today's X-Wing vs TIE Fighter, which was epic way back when. As I was watching the trailer I was thinking how cool it would be in VR, and there you go - full VR support. Happy days. On paper this is one of my dream games, as long as the story mode is decent - I have no interest whatsoever in multiplayer.

But, but, but.

EA.

Then again, Jedi Fallen Order has been generally well received and seems to have escaped EA-ification. We'll see I guess.

I'm cautiously excited about this - it could be today's X-Wing vs TIE Fighter, which was epic way back when. As I was watching the trailer I was thinking how cool it would be in VR, and there you go - full VR support. Happy days. On paper this is one of my dream games, as long as the story mode is decent - I have no interest whatsoever in multiplayer.

But, but, but.

EA.

Then again, Jedi Fallen Order has been generally well received and seems to have escaped EA-ification. We'll see I guess.

I have the same skepticism but I'm also hopefully they've learned after BF2 and Fallen Order was epically good.

They have confirmed no micro-transactions, and its a very attractive launch price.

Last edited:
I still have a N64 and a boxed copy of Rogue Squadron, tempting to hook it up and play after seeing this.

I didn't hear anything overly negative about Fallen Order (but I wasn't paying much attention either after BF2). I still may pick that one up this year along with this if the reviews are good.

New gameplay trailer...

I give up. This looks bloody brilliant. I'm HYPED :lol:

Looks like officially no microtransactions :)

Clearly its a bit more than just the space battles from Battlefront 2 that everyone was accusing it of being. Looks really cool and j love the customisation possibilities.

Jedi Fallen Order was done by Respawn and EA actually left them alone to make the game and this results in the good final game we got.

I am seriously considering getting this one for my PS5 but I will probably not buy it at launch, will await a sale or given EA the upgrade edition to add DLC content and try and save myself some money in the long run.

Back