Starfield

Totally understand this guy. I'm going towards the next quest and 5h later I'm still wasting time elsewhere on a different moon or planet.😂
But still. That looks awesome.

This needs to be done with people, that would be so funny.

Was a matter of time... First, I managed to get an asteroid to be locked onto my ship...
Then my ship turned into a wireframe.
Then parts of Jemmison turned into wire frames.
Then I fell into the map.
Then my saves won't load.

Restarted.
Rebooted.
Reinstalled.
Nothing works.

Why am I even surprised.

Was a matter of time... First, I managed to get an asteroid to be locked onto my ship...

Restarted.
Rebooted.
Reinstalled.
Nothing works.

Why am I even surprised.
When you say your saves wont load, have you tried loading an earlier save? Is starting a new game not working? This all sounds very odd to be honest, but if a clean reinstall and an earlier save/new game doesnt work, I'd say you probably have a hardware issue not a problem with the game.

Are you on Steam? Have you tried repairing the games files? I'd also backup your svae data (excluding the recent save that bodged) and clear your local game data to perform a proper clean install.

Last edited:
Hi, on Xbox X.
None of the saves load.
And none of the other games I'm currently playing (Assetto Corsa Competizione, AoE4) seem to have any issues.

Hi, on Xbox X.
None of the saves load.
And none of the other games I'm currently playing (Assetto Corsa Competizione, AoE4) seem to have any issues.
I'm not sure what to do on XBox unfortunately, but see if there is a way to backup a previous save and to wipe you game data completely before doing s reinstall. It does sound like a very strange issue, I can only assume theres some local game data that's corrupted that wasn't wiped when you did a reinstall.

Considering there's a good chance you've corrupted your save, I see your only choice is to wipe internal save & re-sync with the cloud save. Hopefully your cloud save isn't corrupt as well.

Got to ask, have you been doing any dodgy glitchy stuff? Because that could've caused a few issues.

I've had it, my ship was invisible apart from the pilot seat & if I stood up I fell through the world or space if I was docked but had previous saves to go back to.

I'm absolutely loving this game so far, even playing at 30fps on Series X.
Well this didn't last. Exploration is still fun to me, but the main story quests have started to lose my interest and there's not much pulling me back to this. I've just encountered
the Starborn for the first time and they instantly drained my health bar with no way of saving myself, which then set me back to the start of the cave. So that hasn't helped.

Last edited:

Restarted.
Rebooted.
Reinstalled.
Nothing works.

Why am I even surprised.
I've got the Asteroid who follows me everywhere, too!

Well, managed to restart the game.
Playing on super easy to breeze up the levels.

I guess maybe the saves crash was punishment for building a potato for a starship? Hahaha
Miss the asteroid though. I named mine 'Burtley'. No reason for the name besides it popping into my head.

I'm basically faffing around now, just waiting for Forza Motorsport.

Last edited:
The Red Crab :)
20231010_091615.png

20231010_091533.png

20231010_091451.png

I must of built it wrong because it only flies sideways :lol:

Also a few images of me posing as an all conquering god.
20231010_091807.png

20231010_091725.png

20231010_091653.png

20231010_091849.png

I'm going to take a break from Starfield & hit a bit of Forza for a bit, if it's not my cup of tea then I'll jump back to my sims.

Last edited:
It's mad that no-one's posted about this game in over a month... I thought it was going to be Actually Pretty Neat.

However, Overly Attached Bethesda (or is it Zenimax, or Microsoft) is currently attempting to convince people who posted negative reviews on Steam that they really should like the game:

Includes, genuinely, the suggestion that players shouldn't find empty planets boring because the Apollo astronauts didn't find the empty Moon boring...

I've been following the Reddit Starfield sub section since it came out and it's been much quieter there recently. There were a lot of postings/threads from players moaning about how quickly they've gotten bored of it, saying it feels empty and souless compared to the Elder Scrolls and Fallout universes. There haven't been nearly as many posts like that recently. Either those folk have stopped playing it so don't post there anymore, or someone has asked for those posts/threads to be removed.

I've been following the Reddit Starfield sub section since it came out and it's been much quieter there recently. There were a lot of postings/threads from players moaning about how quickly they've gotten bored of it, saying it feels empty and souless compared to the Elder Scrolls and Fallout universes. There haven't been nearly as many posts like that recently. Either those folk have stopped playing it so don't post there anymore, or someone has asked for those posts/threads to be removed.
I got bored, assuming other folks got bored too. I do play the game every now and then, but it just doesn't draw me in like Elder Scrolls or Fallout did.

Folks got bored or there's something sinister going on? Unless there are concrete indicators that actually happened it's a weird mental leap to immediately assume some kind of conspiracy. But I may be missing some context here, so please share if that's the case.

To be honest I'm kinda going through the same pattern I go through with most Bethesda games. A month of heavy play at the start, then get distracted with other things and forget about it for a while, then eventually come back to it when there's a huge pile of mods to look through and make it fresh again.

I reckon other people are in that mode too, especially with a lot of other high profile games dropping in roughly the same time. The modding scene hasn't truly exploded yet like it has with other games, but it's still very early days when you consider Skyrim is an Xbox 360-era game and Fallout 4 is close to 9 years old.

Last edited:
To be honest I'm kinda going through the same pattern I go through with most Bethesda games.
I don't hate Starfield, but it's missing that one important aspect of Bethesda Elder Scrolls/Fallout games: walking around, doing something, and then spotting someting on the horizon, thinking: hey what's that, you walk there, and then you uncover a whole new rabbithole. Starfield doesn't have that outside of the large hubs, and the hubs are relatively small. That and there's no seamless way to go from one hub to the other.

It's a more fragmented experience, and on top of that the procedural stuff is way too similar most of the time; if you've seen one research station, you've seen 'em all. I just don't feel compelled to explore further, because I already know that wherever I go there will be either nothing, or it will be something I've seen a few times before.

Yeah I think the Bethesda formula doesn’t work with this segmented universe at all.

I took a big break from Starfield for Cyberpunk and find it hard if not impossible to get back into it.

I also took a break and got into other games. After finishing all the Faction missions, and doing a large chunk of sidequests, I just couldn't push myself through the main campaign. I wasn't even that far into the main story either, but after everything else I did to build up to that, I just wasn't as compelled by the main quest line. That, plus I haven't found any new good weapons in so damn long that I was kind of getting bored of my current loadout. Been about a month since I've played so far.

Entirely understandable, really. I reckon once people really get dug into the creation kit to figure out how to add wholesale content like they have with Fallout/Skyrim the game will really open up, but that's going to take time. In the meanwhile I'm still busy playing about with the ship building and picked up a couple small mods to make mission boards more varied and rewarding, so I guess I'm kinda playing Space Truck Simulator with it now.

My experience with this game was full of... ups and downs. First hour was mixed bag, a little boring to be honest, then the game started to get better, I really did liked Vangaurd faction quests. After more hours, some sidequests and faction quest it started to get boring extremly boring in fact again. I started to see completely illogical lore and world decisions and reused point of interest. I was IN THE SAME mine four times 2 of which was in main quest! This is insane. I can understand reusing bases and buildings but whole cave systems this is illogical and stupid.
Another idiotic thing is persuasion system... Yeah idea is good I like being able to get over some situation with talking, but this is hillaroious actually:
  • Hey give me this super secret key card to get acces to most important facility on this base
  • NO! Are you kiddin!
  • Come ON!
  • Noooo?
  • Oh. I won't tell anyone
  • you sure?
  • Yeah! It will be fine
  • erm ok here you go.

xD

So now I don't play this game it never became interesting for me again. It is full of immersion breaking systems and ideas, full of reused assets and unispiring and uninteresting gameplay.

Last edited:
It's mad that no-one's posted about this game in over a month... I thought it was going to be Actually Pretty Neat.

However, Overly Attached Bethesda (or is it Zenimax, or Microsoft) is currently attempting to convince people who posted negative reviews on Steam that they really should like the game:

Includes, genuinely, the suggestion that players shouldn't find empty planets boring because the Apollo astronauts didn't find the empty Moon boring...
Actually Pretty Neat?
Shouldn't that be...
Really
Pretty
Good.
🤔

It's a boring load screen game that is about 20 years out of date. I got 9 hours out of it.

Wasn't mind blown but got quite a bit of enjoyment... Considering how much I played Oblivion and Skyrim, however, kinda disappointing...

To give them their dues, they did manage to turn FO76 from the train wreak it was at birth to something resembling a well rounded game. At least by the time i gave up on it. I know its a bit different as FO76 is an online game and much of the content that keeps people playing are the ever changing seasonal team events, but they even managed to 'fix' the emptyness that was the solo aspect of the game (by adding NPCs and repurposing some of the existing locations) so with free updates thet should be able to right some of the stuff that people quickly got bored with. Whether they do or not is another matter.

I was really pumped for this game, in fact I got a Series X just to play this and the new Forza. However, I have not played Starfield yet because my brother completed it and told me it might be best to wait for a sale because the game is just boring and the story/characters not very interesting. Shame too, as a big fan of Mass Effect and Outer Worlds I was looking for something in the same genre as those.

Starfield is wonderful. It's probably better if you don't play it every waking minute of every day though. I love it when I get time to jump in.
Plus things like these adjust and fix probably 90% of the complaints you hear in here. It's only going to get better, I hope at least.

Starfield is wonderful. It's probably better if you don't play it every waking minute of every day though. I love it when I get time to jump in.
Plus things like these adjust and fix probably 90% of the complaints you hear in here. It's only going to get better, I hope at least.
The thing I noticed that kind of goes against just jumping in when you have time, is that when you have time, you need a lot of time to get anything worthwhile out of the game. It was more something you had to dedicate time to rather than just pick up and play for a little. I'd sometimes jump in for 2 hours and feel like I accomplished very little. I wasn't upset with that fact that I had to play the game, as I enjoyed it, but I didn't get much joy out of small stints with the game compared to busting out consecutive long hauls.

Also, Unfortunately that wont fix anything for me as I'm on Xbox.

Last edited:
I hear you. I can only play when I can play so the familiarity of the game and it's inherent similarities makes it comfortable.
The mods that cut or speed up the cut scenes and hatch doors/docking are welcome though. I've had enough of that. lol
You'd also be surprised just how capable the enemy AI can perform. I wonder why they made them so dumb.

I took a big break from Starfield for Cyberpunk.
Playing Phantom Liberty at the moment and it's a world that just keeps drawing me in. Such a different experience. Also got AW2 and a few other games in this weekends sale. That said, I probably will finish Starfield, but it may take some time. And I'm curious what updates Bethesda has planned. E.g. why have all those locations filled with stuff with zero use for it?

And up to some point I understand having planets with vast open space and a lot of nothing. Having same/similar base layouts? Can even understand that. But having these bases be a 100% identical including all the loot and enemies? Nah, that kills any curiousity I might have had, you quite literally know exactly what you will find in there up front after you've done one of them. And there's how many base templates? Five?

I suppose what Starfield (but also Elite Dangerous) is suffering from: it came out after No Man's Sky, which normalised (almost) seamless transitions from planetery to interplanetary travel, to space stations, freighter fleets and whatnot and only inter-system travel requiring a load screen/wormhole. Having favorites/last traveled to (wormhole) shortcuts. Scanning a planet by just looking at it from the cockpit and pressing 'Scan'. Being able to swap ships quickly by summoning your freighter and landing on it. Simple and userfriendly menus. Vendors without arbitrary low limits. More variety due to everything being procedurally generated, and zero copy-paste. And so on.

I also get that a lot of that is not possible due to restriction of the engine, so it is what it is. But it's hard for me to go back to the main quest bit of 'a couple of fetch quests' after having done some of the epic faction quests, and with so many other great titles out at the moment.

Back