Stars and Stripes: Amateur League: Multi-race Write Up

Wow my first write up :). If you are looking for a good race where you have to work hard, this is it :). As the name says its in the Amateur League Stars and Stripes on Seattle Circuit (forward).

Car: Camaro SS - 350HP
- semi racing suspension
- sports breaks
- brake balance controller
- muffler racing
- sports tires

I had just bought a new Camaro SS and wanted to see how good it was and I wanted a challenge. So I went to Amateur League, Stars and Stripes, Seattle Circuit race. I did one lap of qualifying and started from the top of the grid.

Starting Lineup
First: Camaro SS (Me ;) )
2nd: Shelby Cobra
3rd: Dodge Viper GTS
4th: Cheverolet Corvette Zo6
5th: Cheverolet Corvette Grand Sport
6th: Cheverolet Camaro SS

Lap One
Even though I started from the top of the grid, the Shelby passed me right from the start (being lighter helps). Yeah my Camaro is a 2 ton butterfly, but I can probably win. In a matter of seconds we leave the rest of the field behind. This is goign to be a tough race. He has me on almost every turn but I make up for it thanks to some late breaking every now and then. I'd catch up but then lose some time. It was a stale mate.

Lap Two
Now I am a little less than a second behind the cobra. We are heading towards the turn at the top of the hill (with the small jumps). I take it wide then cut to the inside of the turn and shave off a lot between me and the Cobra but once we hit the straight he zooms off. Im really braking hard to get my 2 ton butterfly to make the turns. Then on turn 11 (right before the big straight before the train tracks) I pass him for first, but it is short lived (about 2 seconds) where his lighter car passes me again and zooms into the distance. I have no choice but to draft him which doesnt help much. Im really pushing hard. On the last chicane (before the finish line) I didnt expect him to go wide and break hard and end up with a face full of Cobra butt and end up passing him.

Lap Three
Now Im about 2 seconds ahead of the cobra. I know he will catch up and I will have to block the rest of the lap. As expected he catches up. Im really pushing it now, constantly watching my rear view mirror. Not to many people Mirror drive (Im one of them). I managed to block him all the way to the finish where I finished 1st about .034 seconds ahead of him.

Results
Camaro SS (me): 5:21.461
Shelby Cobra: 5:21.485
Corvette Zo6: 5:26.979
Viper GTS: 5:27.790
Corvette GS: 5:30.981
Camaro SS: 5:38.963

Talk about a great time :). I had loads of fun with this race and I do it alot. I reccomend trying it ;)...

Nice! Good job beating the Cobra in a sprint race.

Next time, though, skip the semi-race suspension and go for T2 super slicks instead... put your money where the car meets the road.

An excellent writeup. I'm eager to hear about the rest of the races. Good luck!

Well I wanted a Challenge so I went with the suspension instead. Pack warm weather clothes, were going to Laguna Seca!

BTW, RVDNuT374 I hope you dont mind me using your style, it works well 👍...

Originally posted by Frustrated Palm
Pack warm weather clothes, were going to Laguna Seca!
BTW, RVDNuT374 I hope you dont mind me using your style, it works well 👍...

I'm wearing warm weather clothes now!:P I don't mind at all that you're using my writing style.:D

The Cobra in Seattle is not very hard to beat if you take the turns correctly. The Cobra can't can't handle worth a **** and crashes into the wall in most of the turns.

Wowser :eek: what a race 👍. After Seattle I really wanted to get back into some close racing but had to wait (hey I have a life......I think) so I was a little off the pace.

Camaro SS - 352HP (2hp increase due to milage)
- semi racing suspension
- sports breaks
- brake balance controller
- muffler racing
- sports tires

After two laps of qualifying I was able to start 2nd place. Guess who was in first? If you bet me $20 that was the Cobra, I would be $20 richer since the Viper had qualified first :P.

Starting Lineup
Dodge Viper GTS
ChevyCamaro SS (me :D )
Shelby Cobra
Corvette Grand Sport
Chevy Camaro SS
Chevy Camaro Z28

Lap One
OK, the tree lights up and engines Revving from 2nd place. Right from the start the Cobra passes me as usual but the Viper is unusually fast here and keeps ahead of the cobra leaving me with the slow guys. I push hard through the first corner. Cough cough cough cough, where did all the smoke come from? Turns out the Cobra has to drift the first corner and leaves me with the fumes. I am able to stay up with them somewhat, usually getting them in the corners. We are heading for the Corckscrew, all three of us jokying for position. First was the Viper followed by the Cobra and closely by me. The Viper goes in first. I am on the outside of the Cobra, he goes wide and I dip into the inside and pass him and end up on the outside of the Viper untill he speeds off. Now we are heading to the second to last turn (before pit lane). Me and the GTS head into it equally but he takes it better and the Cobra passes me on our way to the last turn. The Viper is heading onto the straight and the Cobra slides off the track and ont othe Sand. Im still behind me as he slides back on (thanks to the service road) and he slides in front of me and I have to slam on my breaks :irked:. Its Viper, Cobra, Camaro accross the line.

Lap Two
Heading into the first turn I am able to stay pretty even, cough cough cough, damn Cobra, this is a non-smoking area. This time I am able to pass him but for only a second. For the next few turns we are just all-out sprinting. Me drafting the GTS and the Cobra right next to me, once again a stalemate :). I know Im gonna have to push to win this one, and gonna love every second of it :mischievous:. We are now heading towards the Corckscrew flying in formation. The Viper is in front, Cobra behind and me beside the Cobra and a little back. The GTS goes in first, then the Cobra but this time I stay on the outside of him through the corckscrew, as we exit I go on his inside and pass him. Second to last turn he passes me again as expected and slides right off then back on but this time I am ready for it and stay out of the way. Across the line, GTS closely by me and then the Cobra who passes me short after.

Lap Three
I manage to outbreak the Cobra and beat him on the turn, hearing his tires all the way. Im am now breathing on the Vipers ass, and the Cobra is putting the pressure on me. As we are going down that small staight after turn two we are flying in formation (like an Upside down triangle) with Viper first, me second on his outside, and the Cobra in the middle and a little back. Another sprint :D. We are heading into the Corckscrew, Viper, me, Cobra. Viper dips in first, followed by me, and the Cobra who took the outside and sideswipes me a little and takes second place back. Second to last turn I take back second and on the last turn he takes it back from me but slides off but retains it. Now its an all out sprint to the Finish. The Cobra is at the Viper's rear wheel well and I am just at the Cobra's front wheel. It seems like an enternity, but I am able to stick my nose in front of the Cobra, good enough for second place :). Yeah I didnt win but I was having so much fun, short of breath and the adreneline rushing (even though it just a game). As I let go of the controller my had was slightly sharking, a sign I loved it and worked hard :).

Results
DodgeViper GTS - 4:44.721
Camaro SS (me) - 4:44.807
Shelby Cobra - 4:44.808 :eek:
Chevy Corvette GS - 4:52.580
Camaro SS - 4:54.426
Camaro Z28 - 4:57.347

Speachless... (Any thoughts?)...

Hi, FP - good racing and good writeups! I combined these two into one thread (since they were in the same series) under a new title. When you do the other race, just add it on the bottom here.

Good job!

Amateur League Stars and Stripes on Seattle Circuit

Car: Camaro SS - 332HP I just won this car in the 4WD Championship in Amatuer

- suspension (whatever the first level upgrade is...I forgot its name
- sports brakes
- muffler racing
- sports tires
- performance chip

Basically, I only do the minimum upgrades to allow me a competive race where I usually have to drive my butt off to win.

after many laps of qualifying I got first place and started on the pole for the race.

When you use a car like mine that is slower on the straights with less hp than the competition, you have no chance in a 3 lap race starting from the rear. YOU HAVE TO START NEAR THE FRONT

Starting Lineup
First: Camaro SS (Me )
2nd: Shelby Cobra
3rd: Dodge Viper GTS
4th: Cheverolet Corvette Zo6
5th: Cheverolet Corvette Grand Sport
6th: Cheverolet Camaro SS

Lap One
Race starts and I immediately am passed by the Yellow Cobra with the Viper alongside me on the long straightaway into the first right hand corner. I took the corner hard on the inside, slid up a bit and get passed by the Viper after he bangs into me coming out of the corner. I am in 3rd now and stay in sight of the Viper down the long uphill straight, going into it I outbrake him and am able to get inside of him into the right hander, we barely touched coming out it and I am in second with him right on my tail. Viper tries to pass me on outside going into turn 4 but I outbrake him again and keep ahead of him. I am now almost 3 seconds behind the cobra... going to have to drive my tail off to catch him... Drove well through the rest of the first lap and am 2 seconds behind after the starting line....need to drive hard and keep my lines clean without hitting the walls to keep my momentum up to catch the Cobra if I am going to have any chance

Lap 2
Good hard driving allows me close up to the Cobra going into the long straight before the railroad tracks. He keep getting away from me on the straights but I catch up to him in the corners by outdriving him. I make up some ground on him in the turns after the railroad tracks... I see he hits the walls a couple of times through the turns after the railroad tracks and I am now close behind. Cobra pulls away a little in the short staight before the right hander. I close in on him a little before the chicane before the start and pass in on the exit of the corner and we touch a little coming out of the turn with me ahead.

Lap 3
I am just ahead of the Cobra with him steadily closing on the long straight after the finish line, I move to the outside a bit to take away his line and take the first corner well, shifting down to first and mashing the throttle to bring the big ass of the Camaro around to avoid hitting the walls. I stay ahead of him into the long uphill staight with the jumps with the Cobra closing in once again, I am able to outbrake him in the right hander and have 1/2 second lead going into the turns before the long straight this is where I pull out to a comfortable lead for the moment by entering them just on the inside and shifting to 3rd coming out of them. I now have a safe lead for the moment down the long staight before the railroad tracks. The Cobra closes in on me down the straight but i pull away through the corners after the tracks. Once again the Cobra gets closer on the right hander. I pull away again through the chicane taking it full out and nailing it just right to a 1/2 second margin win.....Whew!!:embarrassed:

Back