Started FGT series and...

• Thread starter cargasm
  • 25 comments
Totally kicked some serious buttocks!!!

I used A-spec until the first pit stop after 7 laps, then Bob took over until lap 55.

Settings were stock except:
tranny trick with final @ 3.5
rear toe @ -2

By the end of the first lap, I was already 15 seconds ahead, and when it was all said and done, I lapped all the competition once.

I'm assuming it'll get harder?
I'll look at the race reports so far for this, but any tips as I go along?

Thanx for reading, and happy motoring!!!

Bryan

EDIT:
Looked around a bit, and this should not be in the race reports section as I assumed it should be.
I apologize for this inconvenience.

I added weight to the car... or I don't bother qualifying.... But yeah, I know how deceptively easy it is. It's like your car is a McLaren and the other ones are all Minardi......

cargasm
Looked around a bit, and this should not be in the race reports section as I assumed it should be.
I apologize for this inconvenience.
No problem. I'll move it for you, but as the thread starter, you can move your own threads yourself. In the Thread Tools menu at the bottom, you will see a couple options for that.

cargasm
Totally kicked some serious buttocks!!!

I used A-spec until the first pit stop after 7 laps, then Bob took over until lap 55.
Are you using the PD Formula One?
If so what is the A-spec points value?
I tried using a Toyota Minolta 88C-V got owned/burned and left to suck their fumes all in the first 5 laps.:crazy:

I smoked the Tokyo race, but now I can't even keep first place at the Super Speedway.

Do I need to set the tranny as if the the track were just one big straight, or do I need to adjust the downforce, or what?

Fonce Diablo
I smoked the Tokyo race, but now I can't even keep first place at the Super Speedway.

Do I need to set the tranny as if the the track were just one big straight, or do I need to adjust the downforce, or what?
This I would like to know also. I won the 1st race cant finish better than 4th or even worse and getting lapped in all the others?:grumpy:

I beat the first 8 or so and that happened to me ( b spec with me qualifying for first place each time). You can do the tokyo race with the setting on 5.

Are people adjusting the f1 car or just using it with default settings?

9D8TSIAWD
I beat the first 8 or so and that happened to me ( b spec with me qualifying for first place each time). You can do the tokyo race with the setting on 5.

Are people adjusting the f1 car or just using it with default settings?
I am using Ducks car setting and I just thought of something that will most likely help me alot! 💡
I never qualify!:guilty: I always set the fastest laps in the race but starting at the back lets the front runners get away and I use up my tires to early catching them.

I'm qualifying from now on!!

But I have to earn the Super License before I can qualify...

And I really, really don't think it's worth earning just to qualify for one race series...

Fonce Diablo
But I have to earn the Super License before I can qualify...

And I really, really don't think it's worth earning just to qualify for one race series...
There are other race series that require the Super License also not just the Formula series.

Sorry, guys
I got fed up with a few things and decided to start from scatch again.
However, I'm at least able to pull off 7 gold so far in B licence tests.

I never did the second race at Super Speedway.

The settings I used I posted in my first thread. It was the FGT, by the way.

I hope you all have some good luck racing this series.

My plan is to do this race as soon as I get the F1 again, so I can use the Sauber in some of the other races.

Bryan

I just beat the championship!!!!!!! It was easier than i thought. I did it in b spec but qualified for each race and drove part of some races to increase the lead.
Ill be test driving the Sauber later today :)

I find the FGT championship way too easy. Even in B-Spec mode.
Maybe one of these days I'll use a group C car there.

I got fed-up with not being able to win the championship so I have not raced GT4 in about 2 weeks.

You guys that just posted like "9D8TSIAWD" what are your settings because Ducks settings did not help me and I tried another set of settings and it made the car worse!
This is the very last championship I have to win and then I can move on to the rally stuff.

Gregg

yeah the f1GT is a cake walk. i thought it was harder in GT3. i did those F1gt races in Gt3 and Gt4 all the way through in a-spec mode. i guess that wouldn't matter in GT3 seeing there was no b-spec mode and i think the races were shorter..not sure, its been a while since GT3 for me.

I did Tokyo entirely in B-spec, starting from 6th (he was much faster than me, and the AI were a bit faster than me, so I couldn't qualify). He lapped the field three times (just doing the third lapping on the last lap).

In a test-game I spec'd out the Super Speedway, and I am faster with my settings than he is with his. I started in A-spec, and, even with a spin-out, I managed to keep a small lead, and handed over. So he was driving my settings, going about half-a-second slower. (set A for A-spec, set B for B-spec) It looked tense at times, but I'd stretched the early shifts so he managed to win. I didn't keep the game because it wasn't on the right memory card. I think I can A-spec the win entirely by myself. I need to stretch the early shifts, and be really careful with that red left rear tire. Or maybe I can tune to avoid it.

After that race I'll continue testing on an extra memory card to tweak B-spec settings, and probably practise A-spec, and then attempt to qualify in A-spec and race in B-spec for most races, unless my A-spec practice makes the course seem easy.

Successfully A-spec'd the Super Speedway race of FGT.

I turned the rear toe down to -4. I also raised the ride height to 55. Between the two, and TCS of 8, I got a lot better tire wear. Whereas the AI pit every 13 or 14 laps, I could go a minimum of 16, and stretched it to 21 at the end to make sure I could last my final shift.

The ride height seemed to take about 1/5 second off my lap times, which adds up to a whole lap (or pit stop; lap times and pit stop times are very nearly equal) over the 127 laps, but my pit stop strategy made it easy to get a comfortable lead, and made it mostly easy to pass the AI (in the pits).

I had about three spins, mostly caused by my bad judgement in dicing with lapped traffic. A spin costs about 10 seconds, so I lost a bit more than a lap to spins. I still won by two laps.

I finally won the championship last week and now I'm stuck on the rally races.
I loved racing the rally's in GT3 but I loath them in GT4. Guess I just gotta suck it up and race them.:nervous:

I friend of mine had loaded his Mem card onto mine and he has most of the easy and a few of the normal races finished, so I'm left with the hard ****:crazy:

You already have some done for you and you're *****in? lol
Do you drive a 2zgte sc in real life? Thats the car im sweating right now and am comtemplating building very soon.

Back