Started LM 24 Hours with console Power Save Settings on - help!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Samus
  • 8 comments
  • 1,802 views
Messages
24,669
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
I need some ideas folks, I'm 6 hours into the Le Mans 24 Hours Enduro when I realised a massive problem. I'm obviously not going to do it in one sitting, planning to go to sleep for about 8 hours later, there is a problem with that though which I just realised. Last night I left a DVD on whilst I slept so I put the PS3 Power Save Settings to turn off after 3 hours, AND in special conditions so the DVD would go off.

Hopefully you see my problem now, If I go to sleep for more than three hours which I will do my console will power off. :(

So has anyone got any tips/idea for a way to make my PS3 think it's active whilst I sleep? It's not possible to chance the setting without exiting the game. I thought about just connecting the controller with USB and forcing one of the analog sticks to the side, but will that work, or does there have to be constant input for it not to turn off?

Silly mistake I know but 6 hours in I don't really want to lose it so if anyone knows of a way to stop it going off, help!
 
Or just tape down one of the arrow buttons so when in pause menu it just keeps moving to the side.
 
Set alarm clock every 2 1/2 hours do 1 lap back to bed. Not sure what you do if you have to work?
 
I think as long you're in the game - you'll be fine.
 
I dont think power save works whilst your in game. Even if your paused it will not turn off the console.
 
There are some crazy strategies in the B-Spec forum.
 
I could do the alarm clock every two hours but I'd rather not, I have trouble sleeping as it is (insomnia), that's the reason I left the DVD on last night, I need something on to sleep. But that's going off topic...

Or just tape down one of the arrow buttons so when in pause menu it just keeps moving to the side.

That's what I'm thinking, and hoping will happen.

I think as long you're in the game - you'll be fine.

I dont think power save works whilst your in game. Even if your paused it will not turn off the console.

The normal power save doesn't affect gameplay or video play no, but there is a special tick box you can tick so that it does.

http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps3/current/settings/powersave.html

As I say I had that ticked on last night and forgot to turn it off before starting the race.
 
If you value your ps3 or save file I would just quit the game, is the risk really worth it?

Better yet ask all of Kaz's followers that say we don't need a save function what they would do. Because they obviously don't want or think we need the option.
 
Keeping the analog stick pushed right with a book worked, just FYI for anyone that might get into the same position.
 
Back