Started P1 on grid then screen said P16 after racePS4 

• Thread starter GRAFX21
  • 12 comments
Philippines
California
GRAFX21
Hello everyone,

On career mode I am currently doing Formula Rookie and I won pole for qualifying for both race 1 and race 2. However, during the race on the grid the screen said I was P1. As the race began it immediately changed to P16 and no one beat me off the grid start, I won the race from pole to finish with a gap of 10 seconds for the win...I noticed the other cars went to pit lane as I crossed the finish line and when the checkered flag came on for the final lap it still said I was still P16 the entire race. No cutting the track, no cheating. Bit confused onto why this happened as this is my 3rd season on career mode and never experienced this. I thought it was a quick glitch and it would change itself. But it didn't and it actually counted as a loss.

Has anyone experienced this or can kindly explain why this might of happened? Frustrating as I have not lost any race in career mode until now.

Thanks everyone.

Could it be you got disqualified for jump start - or something else? Did it say DQ in race results? This has happened to me atleast sometimes.

I had this happen to me the other day. Except it showed that i was p16 even before I took off. I thought it was gonna correct itself once I took the green but sadly it didn't. I just quit out and start over.

When that happens all you can do is restart. It happens every other race on Xbox One.

Yes, unfortunately I didn't restart so the loss counted. But I didn't think it would count because clearly I won the race and not DQ for any reason.

Last edited:
I had this happen to me the other day. Except it showed that i was p16 even before I took off. I thought it was gonna correct itself once I took the green but sadly it didn't. I just quit out and start over.

Like mentioned I went finished the race and it counted so I cant restart anymore. However, when I crossed the finish line the AI opponents were heading to pit. Weird!

Last edited:
Could it be you got disqualified for jump start - or something else? Did it say DQ in race results? This has happened to me atleast sometimes.

No sir. I won pole for both race 1 and race 2. No DQ, no cutting corners etc. As soon as the race started the screen changed from P1 to P16 as the race started

Last edited:
Yes, unfortunately I didn't restart so the loss counted. But I didn't think it would count because clearly I wont the race and now DQ for any reason.
It's a glitch. Nothing you did nor can do. Just gotta restart. Happens to me a lot.

Back