Started This Game Again

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 3' started by Tina Branford, Mar 14, 2019 at 5:28 AM.

1. Tina Branford

Tina Branford

Yes I know I'm going to look crazy here but oh well. I recently got another copy and decided to protect this copy from any damage at all costs. I started another file and as usual I'm enjoying it a lot. I decided to get all golds on all licences with the controller just to get that done. I got all golds on B, A, IB, IA, S, and a few R in one day. The next day I finished getting all golds on the Rally license. Man I swear by turning off TCS, ASC, and having the Steering Response on 'professional' it really makes you faster. Now I'm ready to be able to start the racing aspect at my leisure, yess! I'm waiting for another wheel for that. Thanks goodness I have the best sister in the world.. she is buying me another DFP next month because she's amazing!

Just decided to make a 'positive' GT3 thread that I'll update here and there with my GT3 progress and stories. If anyone reads them or not oh well I'll do it anyway.

2. JakeMR2

JakeMR2

I started again a couple of months ago, golded most of the licenses except S fully. S-6 is hard for me, but the others were a breeze. I think I'm at around 58% to 56% right now.

Tina Branford likes this.
  3. Tina Branford

Tina Branford

Hey thanks for replying! Great job on the golds too! If you don't mind I'd like to share a trick on golding the S6 test. The Viper has insane torque as you very well know and anything below 3rd gear especially 1st gear will cause the rear end to loosen out. The trick is to NEVER go below 3rd gear and practice turning after decelerating only on some corners(2nd and 3rd ones specifically you can potentially full throttle through the 3rd if entered at the right time.) At the corkscrew start breaking where the tire skid marks are on the top of the hill and shift down to 3rd and punch through full throttle as straight as you can. The last corner on the main straight is tricky. Start breaking hard once you can make out the distance marker on the left corner shift down to 2nd(for a literal millisecond) then shift up to 3rd and full throttle to the finish line. This car is all about throttle control and managing the high low rpm torque. I go a 1:14:788 at me best.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019 at 4:13 AM