Starting a Kei Car or ~750 KG Race Series. Anyone interested?

• Thread starter hlar
  • 4 comments
Japan
Japan
Hey Guys!

This is my first thread on GTPlanet! Nice to meet you guys!

I've always been a fan of Kei cars and lightweight cars in general. I was thinking on creating some sort of Kei Car or ~(x)KG racing series. I think it would be a fun thing to do, just racing small, tiny zippy cars around tight circuits. I've got small ideas of Kei cars doing a tour of Japanese circuits, like a kinda Tour of Japan, but I'd love to have your ideas!

If your interested, please leave a comment below, leaving ideas of your own if you want. I don't know if it should be just Kei cars or global small/lightweight cars at the moment. Tell me what you'd prefer. Thanks for showing interest! :)

Yeah, would be an interesting racing series. There are a few traditionally Kei cars available (~63BHP, low weight etc.) and some unintentional Kei cars (Honda S800 maybe?) but it would be more interesting to see what scope the entry cars would be limited to e.g. would we be allowed engine and weight tuning? Could people reduce the power and weight of more capable cars in order to fit, in keeping with maxed-out Kei cars? (Thinking mainly MX5, 1st and 3rd gen. MR2s). Either way, I'm looking forward to it.

Last edited:
Back