Starting a new game

• Thread starter kilesa4568
  • 12 comments
England
England
kilesa4568
Can anyone tell me how to start a brand new game on my main account please? I've deleted (through the console's settings) the save file locally and the cloud from the PS4 and 5 but it keeps loading my old save from somewhere else.

Which, shouldn't come as a surprise as the game is online.

GT Sport save data was also stored on a server, but the game allowed for a fresh start when the game could not detect a local save file on the system. It gave you the choice to reset the server file or download the most recent file from the server.

I figured that would the cloud bit. Any idea or opinion why we're not allowed to start a new game?

Thanks for the quick answer.

I don’t think there’s a definite answer. My guess would be it’s because the game involves microtransactions. It basically protects ignorant players from losing credits purchased with real money. That would be controversial.

Last edited:
I imagine purchases act like dlc's so they'd be there to be redownloaded on a fresh start as well.

I guess my only option is a new account and sending a ton of friend requests out. It's a shame I can't stick with my years old main, though. Oh well.

Maybe, but I’m doubtful. The same credits item can be purchased multiple times. That’s not how normal DLC works.
They'll appear in your purchse history multiple times as different items, though. I'd hope they'd be re-redeemable, anyway.

Not that it matters. New account is made and it's time to find out how many friend requests get replied to... Digtater55 is my new PSN if anyone else wants to add me.

Can anyone tell me how to start a brand new game on my main account please? I've deleted (through the console's settings) the save file locally and the cloud from the PS4 and 5 but it keeps loading my old save from somewhere else.
Unfortunately you need to make a new user profile on the PlayStation if you will start from scratch.
In GT Sport we could delete server data, but not in GT7 as far as I know .

Last edited:
Don't you need to create a new PSN account? I see a number of people on here that run 2 or 3 PSN accounts and are at different stages of the game on each.

Back