Votes: 0 0.0%
  • far worse than an idiot

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Netherlands
Utrecht
YukinoSuzuka
As far as I can remember, coloured rims wheren't that popular before they released GranTurismo 6, suddenly other colours appeared under various kind of cars, from a very brave and carefully dark red set of rims till the brightest colours, pink, orange or even neon coloured rims.

My boyfriend and I bought a dull mini van, to use it as a mini camper in the near future, it's the Nissan NV200.

42730508492_51b3d48c2b_b.jpg

Now, maybe it's a bit bold to say I'll start a new hype in the car scene on my own, but as a community it's possible to make it 'A want' for many other car enthusiasts.

So, what I'm talking about ?!

Just put silly phrases in Japanese, Chinese or other hard to read languages on your car. For our own car it would work with small decals on one of the spokes on the rim in a bright color.

My Japanese is sub zero bad, there isn't any skill, but it would be fun from my point of view (always had a weird sense of humour) to have something on my rims in Kanji like "This is a black rim" or "These tires are cheap". A very subtile decal, not too big but noticeable for car enthusiasts and fun to share on Instagram or other social media.

And maybe try to find the best tag or # to find others with the same weird sense of humour who made their car, rims or rear spoilers more 'unique' with a silly phrase attached to it.

What do you think guys ? Let me know, vote with the poll and/or leave your comment :D. :gtpflag:

I very much doubt you'll be able to start a new craze. That said, some coloured text on black wheels probably wouldn't look awful:

attachment.php

And I think it'll probably work on your Nissan, but it's not something I'd consider anywhere else or in anything other than small quantities. That said, I'm not very into much of what goes on in the modified car scene, and I suspect someone somewhere would try to replicate it. After all, some people go for this look:

modified-cars-suzuki-fresh-the-new-suzuki-alto-car-stickers-modified-car-stickers-full-body-of-modified-cars-suzuki.jpg

My view is that you should do what you like. Doing things to gain the attention of others is generally inadvisable as it often ends in disappointment and a lot of people (myself included) are quite turned off by that sort of thing. See also: people who drive supercars through city centres. But if it's something you like, go for it! Assuming it's just stickers then it shouldn't even be difficult or expensive to experiment with it, since stickers are cheap and you can remove them.

Not to be terribly mean since that would be horrifically hypocritical of me if it came off that way, but people have been putting weeb stuff on their cars to stand out in the west for at least 15 years now. Doing it with an "ironic" detached sense of humor is probably nearly as old as well. It's your car and you're free to do whatever you'd like and again I'd be the last person to criticize you for it, but it's not really something you would be "starting" per se.

Not to be terribly mean since that would be horrifically hypocritical of me if it came off that way, but people have been putting weeb stuff on their cars to stand out in the west for at least 15 years now. Doing it with an "ironic" detached sense of humor is probably nearly as old as well. It's your car and you're free to do whatever you'd like and again I'd be the last person to criticize you for it, but it's not really something you would be "starting" per se.
That aside, generally the best way to start a trend is to do it, then talk about it.

Back