Starting my Forza 5 xbox journey today...

• Thread starter F1nutcase
  • 8 comments
United States
United States
Good day everyone. I've been a PS console racer since first gen PS1 in the mid to late 90's. And I like to say "all roads lead back to Gran Turismo", lol. But I'm now taking a journey into the dark side and have an Xbox series X arriving in my life today for the first time ever. And I got a copy of Forza 5 Horizon. I decided to add the Xbox to my arsenal so I can expand my driving library. Pretty excited. I hope I like this title. What's your favorite Forza title and why?
--PSconsoleInterloper

Welcome to the 'Darkside' lol. I think you'll enjoy it.

FH is very arcadey compared to GT so that might take some getting use to for you. Having said that, it's not a bad thing. The style of play in my opinion suits the title perfectly.

My favourite FH has to be number 3. The music wins it for FH3. All the stations are good but my favourites the rock and classic stations have never been better than this version. The rock station especially.

I'll end here as people far more knowledgeable than me will be able to give you more info.

Again, welcome aboard.

Since I scored a PS5 at msrp earlier this year, my PS4 Pro became expendable, and basically traded it in for for my 1st XBox system, an XBox One S. I have always wanted to try the Forza Motorsport games so I bought FM6 & 7. I like the games, only wished I had a wheel for it.:indiff:
Maybe later this year, I'll pick up Forza Horizon 5 when it's on sale.

"Build it and they will come."

Attachments

• 20220508_113817.jpg
    20220508_113817.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 16
I did much the same 2 years ago.

You will find FH5 very different to GT7 but the handling is decent enough and there is a ton of stuff to do.

When I bought my Xbox One X, I started out by buying all the Xbox One FM (5-7) and FH games (2-4) and the FH1 game which is backwards compatible.

You should be able to pick up all of them relatively easily second hand - none of them are listed anymore.

Also, a heads up that End of Life is always at 4 years which means FH4 will be delisted very soon. There are usually good discounts available just before delisting.

I'm 2 years in and still have stuff to complete, so expect to be kept busy 😂

So ya, FH5 is pretty good, but I just got started. Very arcadey but I don't mind at all, plenty of entertainment value. It is good fun to have a rig that works on both consoles. Is there a Forza that you all like that tries to lean more sim? I know that's probably a mixed bag.

So ya, FH5 is pretty good, but I just got started. Very arcadey but I don't mind at all, plenty of entertainment value. It is good fun to have a rig that works on both consoles. Is there a Forza that you all like that tries to lean more sim? I know that's probably a mixed bag.
Welcome! A new Forza Motorsport game should come out next year. This one is expected to be a step forward as the devs (Turn 10) took their time developing it in contrast with the previous 'a new game every two years' release schedule

Welcome! A new Forza Motorsport game should come out next year. This one is expected to be a step forward as the devs (Turn 10) took their time developing it in contrast with the previous 'a new game every two years' release schedule
Thank you, that should be exciting. I followed you on Twitter. :gtpflag:

Back