starting rig up to 2000$

• Thread starter Arbogast
  • 10 comments
Poland
Poland
Hi,

I'm completely new with simracing. I've never played using a wheel. The last car game I've played was Need for Speed Most Wanted (from 2006) and I really love it! I would like to try some serious racing. I think I will more like games like Assetto Corsa, Dirt Rally or open world like The Crew. I also really like the Spintires series. I'm not interested in racetracks and Formula 1 but I could try it either.

I was thinking about two setups:

a) Thrustmaster T-GT + TH8A + T3PA PRO + Sparco R383 Mod

b) Fanatec ClubSport V2.5 + ClubSport Shifter SQ V1.5 + ClubSport Pedals V3 + Brake Performance Kit + Pedals V3 Damper Kit + Wheel (I don't know which one)

QUESTIONS:

1.) Unfortunately I can not buy the full cockpit and racing chair (not enough space). I can not play on the sofa either. So the only thing I have is a regular gaming chair on wheels. I know that it is a huge problem so that's what I'm asking about. How to solve it? The rubber tops instead of the wheels won't work - I'm working on this chair for the full day. And I don't want to change the wheels and rubber tops every day. What can I do to improve ergonomic? I have a huge, wooden table so probably I will attach the shifter and the wheel to it. If I will go with Thrustmaster I was thinking about buying the WheelStand Pro Deluxe V2. Will it work with a regular gaming chair? In terms of hardware I know that the Fanatec setup is much better. But is there any sense buying it if I do not have a cockpit? Can it be ergonomic and comfortable?

2.) I do not know which will to choose. I will play on a PC but I would like to have a compatibility with the consoles (not necessary but will be very appreciated). The Fanatec has so many wheels. The Porsche 911 GT3 with so many buttons, Porsche 918 RSR or the R300. Or maybe rounded version (R330) will be better? Which do I should to choose? The "flatten" version will be better or the round one?

3.) What is the difference in the feel with alcantara and suede? Which will be better if my hand do not sweat at all?

The total budget I have is 2000$. But I have a huge doubts if it is possible to play on a regular gaming chair. Will be very glad for any advice.

Cheers, Michael

Last edited:
There are wheel casters with brakes. You just have to look for your size (some sizes are harder to find and you would have to make some "converters").

I was using GT Omega gaming chair with a rubber mat for years.

There are wheel casters with brakes. You just have to look for your size (some sizes are harder to find and you would have to make some "converters").

I was using GT Omega gaming chair with a rubber mat for years.

Great! So I should not affraid of playing on a gaming chair? And then the better option will be Fanatec?

Which console, because CSW Base V2.5 with appropriate steering wheel is compatible with Xbox, T-GT is compatible with PS4.

The best will be compatible with both (xbox & playstation). I saw something like this: https://collectiveminds.ca/shop/allconsoles/drivehub/ Does it really work without losing any functionality?

The best will be compatible with both (xbox & playstation). I saw something like this: https://collectiveminds.ca/shop/allconsoles/drivehub/ Does it really work without losing any functionality?
Drivehub is excellent product, but with T-GT you will lose T-DFB in GT Sport. Therefore, you should use T-GT with DriveHub only on Xbox, on PS4 connect T-GT directly in the console's USB port.

This combination CSL Elite base+ and CSL Elite steering wheel P1 will work with PS4 and Xbox without need of Drivehub.

Last edited:
I know. But ClubSport V2.5 is a better wheel. And that is more important for me then the console compatibilty. I will mostly play on PC. The consoles are just "maybay" in the undefined future.

What about the wheel and playing on a regular, gaming chair? Which will should I choose? Are there any ideas to stabilize the chair durign driving?

What about the wheel and playing on a regular, gaming chair? Which will should I choose? Are there any ideas to stabilize the chair durign driving?
I have no experience with the Fanatec steering wheels you specify and have not used gaming chair that is why I cannot help you.:)

I know. But ClubSport V2.5 is a better wheel. And that is more important for me then the console compatibilty. I will mostly play on PC. The consoles are just "maybay" in the undefined future.

Take the wheels off & replaced them with non slip casters.

That's what I did
20200308_132341.jpg

Back