State of the online...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dragunov
  • 11 comments
  • 971 views
Messages
122
I think i really stuck in this game now. Not many things to do other than repeating races and doing practice mode right now, but i´m not time attack guy and the AI while not as bad as some people says, is not really competitive enough.

So what can i do now? Online is first thing that comes to mind. Sadly unless you join some of the leagues (but i'm too casual/busy for that) there its barely impossible to find a decent room. Lets start the whine:

-SSR7 glitch rooms that made 50% of the total

-Unrestricted rooms with X1s, wipeout is better than this unrealistic crap.

-RACING SOFTS everyone. I'm used to stock cars with wathever the AI uses or less if im too fast for them, i find racing hards enough for race cars or tuned monsters, sport or comfort tires for less powerful rides. One of the few things that this game do right is the driving, yet 90% of the populace chooses to avoid it with that Ridge Racert kind of grip.

-The usual mix of punters and kids, with a spice of one country rooms.

-Drag and drift rooms. Not my thing, there's NFS for fast and furious fans.

-Restrictions and penalties are few, badly done or just unfair. Please let me make a room without tuning, power restrictor(hilariously unbalanced) or ballast. Or a room with 70's muscles only, or ferrari only or whatever like A-spec in the old GTs, PPs arte badly implemented and power weight restrictions are meaningless after update 1.06.

Even with all its shortcomings i love this game, but out of a few select friends (that are slowly leaving too) i cant keep playing anymore, sadly.

PS: if you like to race bone-stock cars add me PSN eldioni30

I just wanted to share my feelings about the online portion and read what others have to say, RANT OVER
 
I know exactly what you mean, and that is why I NEVER do open lobby. I always do lounge races with friends who I know can drive cleanly and like tire restrictions with near-stock cars. I'll be sure to add you, but just be warned - I'm in EST. I have a few friends in GMT that I race with often, so chances are if you're on late in your timezone you'll see me.
 
Of particular interest to me is tire restriction. I also stop at racing hards unless forced otherwise. I see no point in using tires with more grip as they compensate for mistakes made by average drivers. Plus, I think the rooms serve as practice for series and races with friends...where more talent is quite often required.
 
I don't really get peoples beef with Racing softs.

I understand why people would prefer Hards, as it is slightly more of a challenge (though, not that much), but there's no reason to get so anal and strict about it.
 
Since I dont host races with tire restrictions, I wouldnt consider myself all that anal or strict. I'm usually in a room with restrictions, then the host changes and the restrictions are removed. 90% of folks go straight for RaSo's and to compete all others must follow.

I merely think its an unrealistic level of grip. If anyone has watched the Top Gear episode where Clarkson drives a lap on GT4 in an NSX on racing tires at Laguna Seca and then attempts to duplicate it in real life, you'll know what I mean. I know Clarkson isnt a driver, but the difference in cornering speed of the NSX on Turn 1 real vs GT was quite large.
 
You might not be, but I know some people definitely are. They can be pretty annoying about it, too.
 
I was expecting some unrestricted (other than PP) auto generated rooms ala GT5P....maybe next time....:irked:
 
Dragunov, if you like stock car settings I would suggest Shuffle Racing lobbies. Everyone is assigned a random car that are in the same hp group and makes for some really fun races. That is the only way I will race in the open lobby as there are too many lobbies like you have mentioned that aren't any fun. There are usually a few online in the open lobbies or you could create your own.
 
I think the best thing you can do is try to find the time and join one of the racing series on this site. You'll find those are WAY more fun than just joining a random room.
 
I am a memeber of three series and only recently discovered the joys of shuffle race. However, on a number of occasions someone had to race in a Megane vs the likes of older skylines and RX-7s. Unfortunate they were
 
I just had a fun evening, opened a room with 500pp, sports soft, only driving line and abs optional, penalties and damage on.
Had a lot of fun clean and close 5 lap races, not a whole lot of people entered, but still enough.
I agree, more options to restrict would be better, but you can still have fun now too :)
 
You may be pleased to note the SSR7 thing has been dealt with in 1.08.

As for racing softs, I'm not a massive fan, but I do like to use them occasionally, whether on my Pennzoil GTR or Lambo Murc GT1. They're basically like big karts.

Shuffle races are usually good fun, but the cars aren't hugely entertaining, and I prefer more meat on my cars. Hence the PP limit and sports softs (500-600PP is a good range). Or, 400PP with comfort softs (also good fun). Not sure what some peoples' problem with PP is - I've been in some epic, close battles involving Elises and GTRs, Caterhams and Camaros...
 
Back