Status of GT sport playability (planning to purchase a PS4 & GTS)

• Thread starter Adamaw11
  • 2 comments
Australia
Australia
Adam-aw11
So currently in January 2023, are the servers still on for GT sport and people still playing against each other online?

I'm thinking of buying a PS4 and GT sport, but trying to get an idea of how worth it it would be.

GT sport has some single player campaign right?
Even if they disable online play with other players, they should still allow people to play single player, even just with an internet connection, and they should still allow someone who's just purchased a copy to download and update to the current version?

I still play GT6 sometimes, and as far as I know, if one were to do a fresh install, they'd still be able to update to the current version although would only be able to play single player.

Basically I just want to get GT sport, even if its only minimal playable content, but particularly to show someone the bathurst track.
Hopefully there'l be enough playable content to keep this person interested for a while, even if its not a full GT-like career.

This would all become pointless if the servers somehow completely disabled the game however.

Hows it looking these days for Gran Turismo Sport?

I recently went back to playing GT Sport again after beating the Cafe in GT7.
The game runs super stable, and is honestly better than GT7 in many ways.
Also, the graphics are better on GT Sport than GT7 if you do a PS4 PRO versus since on GT Sport you can set the game up to "Quality Mode" in options and it looks perfect without any anti aliasing. While GT7 has a lot of anti aliasing on PS4 Pro/PS5 unless you play the PS5 version strictly.
Honestly, i'm senseing when they shut down the server for GT Sport they will make it playable offline and update the game so you can save offline.

So currently in January 2023, are the servers still on for GT sport and people still playing against each other online?

I'm thinking of buying a PS4 and GT sport, but trying to get an idea of how worth it it would be.

GT sport has some single player campaign right?
Even if they disable online play with other players, they should still allow people to play single player, even just with an internet connection, and they should still allow someone who's just purchased a copy to download and update to the current version?

I still play GT6 sometimes, and as far as I know, if one were to do a fresh install, they'd still be able to update to the current version although would only be able to play single player.

Basically I just want to get GT sport, even if its only minimal playable content, but particularly to show someone the bathurst track.
Hopefully there'l be enough playable content to keep this person interested for a while, even if its not a full GT-like career.

This would all become pointless if the servers somehow completely disabled the game however.

Hows it looking these days for Gran Turismo Sport?
For over 1 year, I have played GTS offline and was never bored. The "arcade-custom races" feature allows me to learn new tracks, without the embarrassment of messing up in online multiplayer events. I must have run Brand's Hatch 100 times -- no! ... more than that -- as I am old and slow learning. Now I don't fall off the track. I highly recommend GTS, and the PS4 console is a perfect match. And the price is right.

Back