Stealth 787B - Wheel Spin

I'm using Praiano's tune for the Stealth 787B and it is an amazing tune. However I'm getting a ton of wheel spin with racing hard tires in first and second gear and have to really baby the throttle to avoid that. I've got TCS set to 5 and would prefer 0. Looking for suggestions (other than apply more TCS) to address the excessive wheel spin in the lower gears. I'm a novice tuner and don't have a deep understanding of the various trade offs when tuning a vehicle.

I'm using Praiano's tune for the Stealth 787B and it is an amazing tune. However I'm getting a ton of wheel spin with racing hard tires in first and second gear and have to really baby the throttle to avoid that. I've got TCS set to 5 and would prefer 0. Looking for suggestions (other than apply more TCS) to address the excessive wheel spin in the lower gears. I'm a novice tuner and don't have a deep understanding of the various trade offs when tuning a vehicle.
The

It sounds to me like you need to address the LSD settings. I have my own tune for this Stealth Machine (I'm not suggesting you switch over) but I don't experience excessive wheel spin in 1st or 2nd gear. If you wanted to try my tune out, see if the wheel spin is less, you could put the LSD and transmission aspect of my tune into Praiano's tune and it may help with your issues.

It sounds to me like you need to address the LSD settings. I have my own tune for this Stealth Machine (I'm not suggesting you switch over) but I don't experience excessive wheel spin in 1st or 2nd gear. If you wanted to try my tune out, see if the wheel spin is less, you could put the LSD and transmission aspect of my tune into Praiano's tune and it may help with your issues.
It looks like you and Praiano both have open differentials. At a glance, your tune has lower ride height, harder springs, camber and toe set, which may or may not help with wheel spin. You have front ride height lower which, in my opinion, helps prevent wheel spin.

It looks like you and Praiano both have open differentials. At a glance, your tune has lower ride height, harder springs, camber and toe set, which may or may not help with wheel spin. You have front ride height lower which, in my opinion, helps prevent wheel spin.

Well, lets think about the big picture here. We have a really light car, with a really powerful peaky engine, and hard tires. If you were in a street car, with another ton of weight and the same horsepower as the 787B, would you expect some wheelspin? I think so!!

Set the TCS to off, and start immediate training on your right foot. Wear socks while driving and get the feel of that accelerator. I have both versions of the 787B and I never use TCS and yes, I use PRAIANO'S tune. Practice on the Nordschleife in the rain for about 3 laps. You will now have educated your right foot.

Back