Steer on right side

Hi,

How do you drivers adept when the steer is on the right side in stead of the left side.
I live in Holland, so the steering wheel is always on the left side.
I like to drive with cockpit view, but when the steering wheel is on the right side (english and japanese originals), I get in trouble.

Just curious

Where I'm from left hand drive is the norm for passenger vehicles but right hand drive cars are legal here if they're old enough. However I don't actually drive irl myself so I'm not sure how to help. I do normally drive in cockpit view and don't feel any more or less competent based on which side the wheel is on.

I adapt quite well as all my cars have been right hand drive. But it doesn't really matter to me if the wheel is on the left or right, it comes down to spacial awareness and I'm pretty good at judgding the width of most cars in the game ok. That's said, I'm not amazing at the game, I'm competent, but there are a lot of drivers faster than me. I'm with @Epic B on this one, it doesn't make a huge difference either way, in the game or if I'm driving a LHD car abroad.

I play with the offset cockpit view and made my racing rig so I can slide the TV left and right for lh rh drive cars. I do notice it messes with my brain for a minute but it gets used to it.

Hi,

How do you drivers adept when the steer is on the right side in stead of the left side.
I live in Holland, so the steering wheel is always on the left side.
I like to drive with cockpit view, but when the steering wheel is on the right side (english and japanese originals), I get in trouble.

Just curious
Its always horrible but doable. At least you wont meet somebody on the wrong side of the road

Back