• 19 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.

bil coz

(Banned)
Thailand
Thailand
jojaicho
Im looking for the N category cars that can turn their wheels the furthest on stock settings road tab.
What do you think is the average steering angle of N cars, are they all the same or do they respect real cars specs?
Have you noticed some with more angle, do you have ideas how to find them/calculate/compare?

I suppose they‘re all the same, at least that‘s what I can recall from watching replays of various cars drifting

Yes and yes
so do you manage to spend a lot of time on opposite lock with just any road car? how about your feeling while drifting? did you not find some cars could go bigger angle while some needed to stay shallow? Im perplexed because there are differences for me, and id really like to have some numbers.
Do you have some videos btw

No videos really but it‘s a general thing that some cars simply drift better than others due to weight, weight distribution, length and general suspensions design.

No videos really but it‘s a general thing that some cars simply drift better than others due to weight, weight distribution, length and general suspensions design.
thanks for the invaluable information, however the most important factor to how much angle you can achieve is going to be your steering lock plain and simple.

Now hopefully someone will have done proper observation of the matter, not hijack the thread cause they vaguely recall seeing some cars countersteering.

Resuming planned discussion, what do you think the actual average steering lock for road cars in the game is, has someone done serious comparisons, what would be a good way to compare, does someone with great knowledge know which cars of those in gt come with the most angle irl, all this kind of talk.

The lock does vary from car to car, karts are the shortest, I think the single seat cars are around 420-500 ish depending on the car. I’m not sure if each car has it’s own individual lock or if it’s different for each category? On my T500 I can definitely feel the soft lock when you hit the limits.

wtf what kind of entitled dude are you please? You asked for information and I gave you information about how I myself have seen steering lock on most of the road cars I‘ve driven in various GT games over the past ~12 years.
You continued to ask me about my experience which I gave you my answer to and then called it invalid... :confused:

The angle you can drift a vehicle in isn‘t solely based on how much steering lock it has but on so many more factors especially since (at least imho) every N class car has the same steering lock.
If your "theory" would be correct it‘d mean that irl you could drift a truck or mail delivery van at pretty crazy angles because they often have huge steering lock :dunce:

No one has done any research because it's an irrelevant topic. You want more steering angle? Add more toe.

The likelihood of them adding real life steering angle is very slim because they don't take into account ackerman/anti-ackerman steering, most notably on Dai's BRZ.

wtf what kind of entitled dude are you please? You asked for information and I gave you information about how I myself have seen steering lock on most of the road cars I‘ve driven in various GT games over the past ~12 years.
You continued to ask me about my experience which I gave you my answer to and then called it invalid... :confused:

The angle you can drift a vehicle in isn‘t solely based on how much steering lock it has but on so many more factors especially since (at least imho) every N class car has the same steering lock.
If your "theory" would be correct it‘d mean that irl you could drift a truck or mail delivery van at pretty crazy angles because they often have huge steering lock :dunce:
I was just hoping you'd have something of value to say but no. also just quit. more steering angle=can keep front grip at higher drift angle. Your humble opinion is made of nothing but guessing so if you wanna be humble just stay out of it and don't give me your drama about me being entitled.

No one has done any research because it's an irrelevant topic. You want more steering angle? Add more toe.

The likelihood of them adding real life steering angle is very slim because they don't take into account ackerman/anti-ackerman steering, most notably on Dai's BRZ.

you saying it's irrelevant doesnt make it so. I never said anything about
drifting, adding toe out would add 1 degree, i do think the BRZ has more steering angle and other suspension geometry differences with other cars.

There used to be a time on this forum where you would get actual answers.

The lock does vary from car to car, karts are the shortest, I think the single seat cars are around 420-500 ish depending on the car. I’m not sure if each car has it’s own individual lock or if it’s different for each category? On my T500 I can definitely feel the soft lock when you hit the limits.
Thank you for your answer but this is steering rotation and isn't what I was asking. By the way did you know you can set it to 5 preset values whatever the car youre driving with your T500? 1080 900 540 360 270 or something along these lines..
I am looking for values of max steering angle at the wheels for road cars.

thanks for the invaluable information, however the most important factor to how much angle you can achieve is going to be your steering lock plain and simple.

Now hopefully someone will have done proper observation of the matter, not hijack the thread cause they vaguely recall seeing some cars countersteering.

Resuming planned discussion, what do you think the actual average steering lock for road cars in the game is, has someone done serious comparisons, what would be a good way to compare, does someone with great knowledge know which cars of those in gt come with the most angle irl, all this kind of talk.
I was just hoping you'd have something of value to say but no. also just quit. more steering angle=can keep front grip at higher drift angle. Your humble opinion is made of nothing but guessing so if you wanna be humble just stay out of it and don't give me your drama about me being entitled.

you saying it's irrelevant doesnt make it so. I never said anything about
drifting, adding toe out would add 1 degree, i do think the BRZ has more steering angle and other suspension geometry differences with other cars.

There used to be a time on this forum where you would get actual answers.

Thank you for your answer but this is steering rotation and isn't what I was asking. By the way did you know you can set it to 5 preset values whatever the car youre driving with your T500? 1080 900 540 360 270 or something along these lines..
I am looking for values of max steering angle at the wheels for road cars.
Ugh, you are a disgusting cretin. All that shade because you didn't get the answer you were looking for? Show some humility and class and thank people when they try to help you out.

Ugh, you are a disgusting cretin. All that shade because you didn't get the answer you were looking for? Show some humility and class and thank people when they try to help you out.
I have no problem thanking people who actually tried.

In scapes mode when you turn the wheels for a photo, most road cars seem to be able to turn the whee up to 30* in either direction according to the slider there.

In scapes mode when you turn the wheels for a photo, most road cars seem to be able to turn the whee up to 30* in either direction according to the slider there.
yes thank you that is interesting and I actually did try that in the afternoon, N cars are 30, gr4 are 30 too, gr3 18 and gr2 19. However I still think that there might/should be some variations when using the cars for N cars. It's either this or the state of GT is a really sorry one.

Right or wrong, they tried.

Try being civil. It's more rewarding.
yeah maybe what can I say. It's like, your opinion dude. Please refrain from posting in this thread if you have nothing to say regarding steering angles in GT. I know it's tempting but just refrain.

From what ive read the drift tab has more angle than the road tab.

Why dont you go test the angle your self and compare instead of being a dick to people trying to help. Its a bad look.
I actually made this thread because I remember some people running extensive tests on earlier GT games in this forum, and because I don't know of a method to make the measurements. Also I think in my first post I made it clear I was focused on road tab stock settings. Why don't you try reading it instead of

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back