Steering indicator confusion (wheel or motion control users)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jamie Bbbbb
  • 7 comments
  • 1,231 views
Messages
688
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Messages
jamiemb17
Guys who are using wheel or motion controls, help me out if you can.

Using motion controls, and this would apply to a wheel as well, around 60 degrees of rotation gives full lock on the steering according to the little red indicator on the HUD that moves side to side. However, I noticed that the in-game steering wheel and the car's wheels move further than this point between 60 and 90 degrees, as if the steering actually goes further than what the indicator indicates.

Is the indicator fully representative of the maximum turning circle or is it possible to steer harder than this point?
 
Guys who are using wheel or motion controls, help me out if you can.

Using motion controls, and this would apply to a wheel as well, around 60 degrees of rotation gives full lock on the steering according to the little red indicator on the HUD that moves side to side. However, I noticed that the in-game steering wheel and the car's wheels move further than this point between 60 and 90 degrees, as if the steering actually goes further than what the indicator indicates.

Is the indicator fully representative of the maximum turning circle or is it possible to steer harder than this point?

Yes it is a bit strange. I noticed it recently.
When you stand still, you will experience what you saw. Which i think is that the visual wheel turns more then the actuall wheel. Many 3rd person wiev is best to check out when full turning is achieved. My gues is when the red dot is at the limit.

At high speed it works different. Not you can't get the visual wheel to turn more then the dot. I think.
 
That is what I have found too.
 
Right now I'm thinking of weather the brake bias actually makes the cars behavior change when not using the brakes at all.........

What do you think of motion steer after the 1.10? I thinks it has lost it precision.
 
Honestly it feels fine for me.
 
Your steering lock definitely does not end at that indicator. Try taking turn 2 on the 24H Nurburgring by only steering to that indicator and you won't be able to take the corner.

I only got a wheel a month or two ago and was training myself on where the steering lock begins by keeping an eye on that indicator - big mistake. I think your steering ends at 180 degrees each side from center.
 
Your steering lock definitely does not end at that indicator. Try taking turn 2 on the 24H Nurburgring by only steering to that indicator and you won't be able to take the corner.

I only got a wheel a month or two ago and was training myself on where the steering lock begins by keeping an eye on that indicator - big mistake. I think your steering ends at 180 degrees each side from center.

Interesting. So what exactly does the red dot represent?

At high speed with motion steering, the steering wheel is locked to only like 100 degrees. Speed steering. To mutch of it. I think the exceedingly about of speed steer was indruduced by an updated after realize. You notice it with gr4 Subaru easily. I want to be able to turn more at high speed with that car.
 
Back