STEERING ISSUE

• Thread starter bad4re
  • 1 comments
bad4re60
Has anyone had an issue with steering. I have a fanatec CSR elite wheel it used to work fine except for losing centering but was usable, now when I enter the first corner the car will not turn in the way it used to. just drives off track strait ahead. Its like no grip at all.

I had issues with my wheel at first also. Several times it seemed that there was a severe lag in the steering and/or brake response. Result I would come up to a corner apply brake and not slow then turn wheel and not steer. The steering would take hold but after a delay, same with the brake and I would be blowing through the corner more often than not.

In my case the problem turned out to be that I had plugged the wheel into a USB 3 port. I switched it to a USB 2 port and it worked fine since. I thought it was odd that it would do that and the reason I figured it out was that I tried to reload the firmware and that would not work until I switched it to the USB 2 port.

So check and make sure that you are plugged into a USB 2 port and not a USB 3 port. If that is not the issue then I have no clue.

Back