Steering issues using gamepad on PS4 Pro

Hong Kong
Hong Kong
I am having serious turning issues when slowing down and turning on a tight bend. The car goes straight on most times and l have to come to a very slow crawl to get round. Sometimes, it won't even turn out of the bend. It's insane!
I have a perfect working gamepad, so that's not a problem.
For instance, one example is with the 911 Turbo on the first bend at Norschleife in the Porsche Cup race 650 PP.

It feels like the same effect being applied to a car when driving on a wet track.

It's making the game unplayable for me.

Last edited:
I am having serious turning issues when slowing down and turning on a tight bend. The car goes straight on most times and l have to come to a very slow crawl to get round. Sometimes, it won't even turn out of the bend. It's insane!
I have a perfect working gamepad, so that's not a problem.
For instance, one example is with the 911 Turbo on the first bend at Norschleife in the Porsche Cup race 650 PP.

It feels like the same effect being applied to a car when driving on a wet track.

It's making the game unplayable for me.

What setting do you have here?

help.jpg

What controller steering sensitivity setting are you using? I have it on +5 in most cases as it gives you plenty of responsiveness without it being too sensitive.

The types of tyres and brakes can also have an effect on how quickly your car slows down. If I were you, I'd recommend using anything softer than Sports Hard if they're allowed under the race settings, and to install racing or carbon ceramic brake parts to guarantee maximum stopping power. If you have aero parts and/or fully tuneable suspension installed, perhaps consider making adjustments to those as well to ensure that you have plenty of grip and stability through corners.

Campat, l post up a replay video.

Jocke and Vulcan, l have '0' steering sens.

I fitted the 911 with a full race setup and racing soft tyres.

It happens with the R32 at Trial Mountain on the last two 'L' shaped bends.
The R32 had only a race suspension and racing softs.

I will try a +5 steering setting.

So...l drove the R32 at Trial Mountain with the without any race suspension equipped and obviously no settings there. Ride height factory setting. - As a result it turned in as normal, no worries.
Then l equipped the suspension back in with a ride height setting of 95mm, 10mm higher than it's lowest setting...and would you believe it, the thing would not turn in/out, the problem came back...

My experience also!
Wow, so it's not just me.
Could it be some crazy algorithm in the game? Because this issue is sure putting limitations on what settings you can apply to a car.

My overall experience of GT7's handling so far is that GT Sport's handling was better! And l hate saying that.

Car's do not seem to have any weight or gravitas in GT7.

Last edited:
Try to only apply partial braking while entering braking zones and partial throttle when negotiating/exiting corners. If you apply too much of either of those, those will also have an impact on turning and stability.

I’m having the same problem and it seems to be a ride height issue.
I’m using a T300RS on a PS4 and in cockpit view you can see the steering lock out on low speed corners even though I’m steering more on the wheel. Then when I finally slow down enough, it just snaps to where I have the wheel irl.
It happened with the DC2 Integra and EK9 Civic for me when lowered all the way. Removing race suspension or even raising the car seemed to fix the problem but now the cars look way less cool lol.
I guess they’re trying to simulate the tire hitting the fender? Kinda wack.

I’m having the same problem and it seems to be a ride height issue.
I’m using a T300RS on a PS4 and in cockpit view you can see the steering lock out on low speed corners even though I’m steering more on the wheel. Then when I finally slow down enough, it just snaps to where I have the wheel irl.
It happened with the DC2 Integra and EK9 Civic for me when lowered all the way. Removing race suspension or even raising the car seemed to fix the problem but now the cars look way less cool lol.
I guess they’re trying to simulate the tire hitting the fender? Kinda wack.
It kind of nullifies the use of the ride height setting.
When a semi-race or race suspension is equipped it naturally lowers the ride height without any adjustment, and that seems to be the limit.

So here we are, what with having car customisation on the firm, we can't even lower the ride height further for any added cool factor that goes hand in hand with that customisation.

This game doesn't feel like it's been playtested that much.
Also, l race on hardest difficulty and in a lot of races the car out in front is too hard to beat when the physics of the game have my car spinning out and losing traction at the slightest turn or elevation.
This kind of racing feels like a lottery.

It's insane!

Last edited:
I have just applied 'corner entry' real world settings to a car to make it oversteer but it doesn't. It does the opposite! 😳

Also, what does it take to win the '4 chilli', 5 lap race at Tsukuba. It's impossible to win.

The competition is too strong and unfairly balanced.

Yes, its the ride height. Had exactly the same issue when trying to set a R32 up for the daily race.

Even with a wide body kit it still wouldn't turn when slammed (surely that's the whole point of the kit? To allow more room for the wheels to turn?)

Solved the issue by raising the suspension but now car doesn't look right and isn't as quick round the rest of the track...FFS PD 😠

Last edited:
Yes, its the ride height. Had exactly the same issue when trying to set a R32 up for the daily race.

Even with a wide body kit it still wouldn't turn when slammed (surely that's the whole point of the kit? To allow more room for the wheels to turn?)

Solved the issue by raising the suspension but now car doesn't look right and isn't as quick round the rest of the track...FFS PD!
I wonder if this will be noticed by them so that there will be a fix.
It happens real bad with the 911 Turbo '81 too. I have a wide bodykit on that.

And so here's a perspective...lowering the front end should by rights grant oversteer, not in this case with the 911, the car literally does not turn in!

It's doing my head in!

Jamie, try driving the 911 without assists. It's nuts! 😀

Anyway, l never use ASM.

Btw, the 911 Turbo '81's handling is very suspect. It loses traction so easily and can't be cured unless you want to turn it into a Samba Bus.

Last edited:
Back