steering limit

  • Thread starter Thread starter praystashun
  • 5 comments
  • 772 views
Messages
36
Messages
praystashun
I thought that when using the regular hand controller, that I was limited to the amount of steering... I put it down to joystick issue... and perhaps a compromise they put in on purpose.

When I upgraded to the Logitech "Driving Force GT" wheel, the limit is still there. I experiment with making turns but the wheels do not turn any further than a limited angle. If there are physical limitations to the type of car I chose, then why isn't the steering wheel electro-mechanically limited likewise?
 
You can turn more with the wheel but the wheel in the game only turns so far.
 
Exactly. I would have expected - what with the motorized and programmable resistance in the wheel, that their software would instigate a turn barrier. The wheel would thus emulate the real deal... which is what they're always so insistent about. All I'm saying.
 
Are you talking about the cockpit view wheel or the actual front wheels and tires on the car? I think GTP_chemicaL is referring to the former. You can force the wheel to 300° mode in that case.

If it's the latter, then do you mean that real cars are able to turn their wheels in more sharply?
 
No I'm talking about the physical (Logitech in my case) steering controller. I suggest that it should be limited in travel for whatever particular car model - i.e. have the same excursion as the real cars. Not allow you to twist it beyond the point the screen shows responsiveness. Currently I don't know if my front wheels are just skidding/sliding, or whether the steering assembly is simply "disconnected" from my control. I'm afraid it's the latter. That's not right.
 
A wheel will turn the car sharper into turns, so if you turn the wheel to much, your going to over-steer and cause the rear end to sway out. all cars react in a different manner, so it's a matter of just getting used to how a wheel reacts to different cars.
 
Back