Steering Sensitivity

• Thread starter hhhaaa
  • 5 comments
United Kingdom
uk
MUGUCAN
Hello GT6ers,tuners,drivers and all, every now and then I am checking some of your settings on individual pages and what surprised me was, not even one tuner has mentioned anything about steering sensitivity, I believe they are as important as every other settings we put together to make the car drive as comfortable, or is there something I am now aware of?

The controller sensitivity has very little effect on how a car is setup, its just a matter of preference really. Its kind of like fitting a fast or slow steering rack, high sensitivity will require very little movement to take the wheels to full lock, low sensitivity will require more movement to do the same thing.
If we imagine driving into a corner in a car with a slow steering rack and to follow the curve we need to turn the steering wheel to 90 degrees, the grip/setup of the car allows me an apex speed of 50mph. We then change the steering rack for a fast one, this time I only need to rotate the steering wheel to 45 degrees and my apex speed is still 50mph.
Basically it only affects the driver, the car is exactly the same but I'm having to alter the way I'm interacting with it. 👍

Hello GT6ers,tuners,drivers and all, every now and then I am checking some of your settings on individual pages and what surprised me was, not even one tuner has mentioned anything about steering sensitivity, I believe they are as important as every other settings we put together to make the car drive as comfortable, or is there something I am now aware of?

It's been mentioned/brought up before in different situations over the years but isn't regarded as being much of a factor.

It normally isn't for most, it's usually more of a factor when using low grip tyres. It can help the front end by making the car turn more / harder, either directly or indirectly (getting heat into the tyres which subsequently give more grip).

Or at the rear if the car is on a knife edge of grip, reducing the sensitivity makes the car less pointy/twitchy, which reduces the chances of the rear tyres letting go.

It's quite a subjective issue as some drivers will normally adjust their steering input to accomodate any changes/differences, others will always want to keep their steering inputs the same and therefore adjust the sensitivity, normally it's the former not the latter as changing steering settings for each car isn't really practical if using alot of cars.

For general use it probably isn't much of an issue, but for tests it's something that should be mentioned as it has potential to impact how a car feels/performs, especially if one person is using minimum and another is using maximum.

I use controller sensitivity at max. If I was to use a lower sensitivity, I would need to adjust wheel alignment to make the cars more sensitive. As it is, some cars aren't responsive enough with any amount of tuning adjustment and controller sensitivity set to max.

Some of my license times and hot laps are very fast, so trust me, max sensitivity can work. If you want to reach max steering angle slowly, you can move the analogue stick slowly. As for precision car placement, it's not a problem for me. I can place my car precisely on the track now better than I used to be able to with a wheel in older GT games, this might have come from practice or from the new algorithm used for DS3 driving, not sure.

High sensitivity also allows you to apply steering corrections very fast, at some point, a responsive tune would become undrivable with low controller sensitivity.

I include the steering sensitivity in every car on my garage, they use +1. I used +1 as it gives the best balance for my stick ( DS2 ) - grip + drift.

Back