steering wheel animation problem

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by archimede, Jun 19, 2020.

1. archimede

archimede

hello guys!
    Let’s start with the beggining: I was late on the gran turismo series, starting with the gt sport, mostly driving games like LFS, Assetto Corsa, Dirt rally and so on.

A few years ago I got the ps4 and Gt sport game. Lots to like, but mostly graphics. In therms of driving involvement was allways not there with the pc driving games I mentioned. The driving behaviors lacks detailed feeling of those games, in my opinion. But the reason I gave up playing the game was another.

The main problem was the steering animation in cockpit mode which I discovered it never follows my steering inputs exactly, especially when centering the real steering wheel (thrustmaster t300), or countersteering. The car straithen up but the steering wheel still had lock angle on cockpit view.

Now that there will be a gt7 and a ps5 I started to thing again about buying them but the steering wheel animation discourages me.

Here is a video I made. you can see the problem allready in the first corners/ seconds going down the straight at Le Mans

FinnZevo likes this.
  2. Pigems

Pigems Premium

Is the angle of the wheel in cockpit view really gonna be the reason you don’t buy the game? Cockpit view sucks in GT anyways, you can’t see anything. I suggest moving to bumper/hood cam and calling it a day. :tup:

JEverettL, fastone371 and dlshearon like this.
  3. Leggacy

Leggacy

If you have any motion smoothing or post processing on your TV, turn it off as this will induce a noticeable delay. If your tv has a game or PC mode use that as it eliminates and processing the TV is doing.

Pigems and fastone371 like this.
  4. Leggacy

Leggacy

Figured it out!!!! You’re playing on pad aren’t you, sorry, I just assumed you playing on a wheel.
    No, the hands never match the pad there seems to be some sort of dampening on the animation so that it doesn’t jerk around, the on screen wheel takes too long to return to centre.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
    Kermit_2142 and Pigems like this.
  5. meekrab

meekrab

He said in the post you quoted he's using a T300 wheel

6. Leggacy

Leggacy

Oops! Yep your right, Sorry. I was just watching the start of the vid the wheel returned to centre in that way the pad does. It looks similar to using a pad.
    I’ll shut up now :indiff:

7. Ryan Sandall

Ryan Sandall

I don't know why it's doing that with my t500 it works fine the steering matches up perfectly so maybe something isn't set up right on your side because that is definitely showing 'pad like' inputs
    Is there a different mode for the wheel or something?

Leggacy likes this.
  8. Leggacy

Leggacy

I agree, that video looks like it was played on a pad.