Steering Wheel by Datel 3X

  • Thread starter Thread starter bustin_skullz
  • 14 comments
  • 1,082 views
Messages
9
Canada
Canada
Messages
iOFtheBEHOLDER
Hey everyone, I had a steering wheel I bought a few years back, its called a Datel Super Sports 3x
It has customizer software and button mapping I am able to increase/or take away deadzones etc...
I believe it has 270 rotation

Should I set my steering wheel to amateur pro or simulation?

I am just wondering what kind of setting for cars should I start with, and any traction control or abs? LSD etc..

Any help is appreciated or if anyone is using this one with success let me know!
 
I always use the pro setting on my DFGT, didn't like it on amateur, tried simulation, it was ok, but I prefer the feel of pro.
 
The only setting that will effect your wheel is the force feedback level, those other adjustments are for Logitech DFGT's.

Traction control and abs are all up to you and your preference, but if you want to learn, turn them off.

Also there is a sim racing section for these kind of questions.
 
I always use the pro setting on my DFGT, didn't like it on amateur, tried simulation, it was ok, but I prefer the feel of pro.

Pretty sure those setting do nothing for a DFGT, the wheels it affects are highlighted when you select the option. The DFP/GT/G25-27 are grayed out for the option of Amateur/Pro/Sim mode.

Power steering and FFB have an effect though of course.
 
Pretty sure those setting do nothing for a DFGT, the wheels it affects are highlighted when you select the option. The DFP/GT/G25-27 are grayed out for the option of Amateur/Pro/Sim mode.

Power steering and FFB have an effect though of course.
I don't remember them being greyed out when I set them up, I'll have to check next time.
 
I always use the pro setting on my DFGT, didn't like it on amateur, tried simulation, it was ok, but I prefer the feel of pro.
Placebo effect is wonderful eh? :lol: If your wheel isn't highlighted when you're in this menu, and if it's a DFGT/G25/G27 it's not highlighted, then the settings don't apply to your wheel.
 
Placebo effect is wonderful eh? :lol: If your wheel isn't highlighted when you're in this menu, and if it's a DFGT/G25/G27 it's not highlighted, then the settings don't apply to your wheel.
I remember changing it in GT5 under advice from my online racing buddies, so I automatically changed it in GT6, before even playing...

Yes placebo effect has been proven to be amazing...
 
Now that I'm paying attention I see the DFGT is greyed out in GT6 settings. The very first day I got my DFGT in GT5 I was told to switch it to pro. So I did, and it seemed to help me a bit, lol, kind of funny that a few years later I find out it did nothing...lol
 
Now that I'm paying attention I see the DFGT is greyed out in GT6 settings. The very first day I got my DFGT in GT5 I was told to switch it to pro. So I did, and it seemed to help me a bit, lol, kind of funny that a few years later I find out it did nothing...lol
Don't worry I think most of us went through that. Also don't be surprised if someone comes along and posts a very passionate argument that it does in fact work:lol:
 
Don't worry I think most of us went through that. Also don't be surprised if someone comes along and posts a very passionate argument that it does in fact work:lol:
I still feel stupid now, when I was learning how to master the DFGT in GT5 it felt like it helped, my online mates were all on G25/G27 so I assumed they knew, so without even paying any attention in GT6 I switched it over to match GT5 settings, thank you for clearing that up, I double checked this morning before leaving for work and I facepalmed myself... #themoreyouknow
 
I still feel stupid now, when I was learning how to master the DFGT in GT5 it felt like it helped, my online mates were all on G25/G27 so I assumed they knew, so without even paying any attention in GT6 I switched it over to match GT5 settings, thank you for clearing that up, I double checked this morning before leaving for work and I facepalmed myself... #themoreyouknow

So all along it was you [that made you better] not the wheel settings ;). Quite inspirational actually. :cheers:
 
I still feel stupid now, when I was learning how to master the DFGT in GT5 it felt like it helped, my online mates were all on G25/G27 so I assumed they knew, so without even paying any attention in GT6 I switched it over to match GT5 settings, thank you for clearing that up, I double checked this morning before leaving for work and I facepalmed myself... #themoreyouknow
So all along it was you [that made you better] not the wheel settings ;). Quite inspirational actually. :cheers:

I actually shed a tear..:sly:
 
So all along it was you [that made you better] not the wheel settings ;). Quite inspirational actually. :cheers:
I actually shed a tear..:sly:
Oh yeah, that learning curve was steep, going from pro DS3 user to amateur wheel user took about a week to get up to speed. I can't imagine playing any other way now...
 
I still feel stupid now, when I was learning how to master the DFGT in GT5 it felt like it helped, my online mates were all on G25/G27 so I assumed they knew, so without even paying any attention in GT6 I switched it over to match GT5 settings, thank you for clearing that up, I double checked this morning before leaving for work and I facepalmed myself... #themoreyouknow

Don't worry, even though I know the setting does not do anything for my G27 I still set it on Simulation mode, just in case ;)

Oh yeah, that learning curve was steep, going from pro DS3 user to amateur wheel user took about a week to get up to speed. I can't imagine playing any other way now...

I tried to go back to the DS3 just for kicks last week for a few races. I could not even keep the car on the track let alone race.
 
Don't worry, even though I know the setting does not do anything for my G27 I still set it on Simulation mode, just in case ;)



I tried to go back to the DS3 just for kicks last week for a few races. I could not even keep the car on the track let alone race.
Only thing I used the DS3 for was the drift challenges, they were a breeze with the DS3 and I didn't feel like mashing on the wheel for the drift challenges.
 
Back