steering wheel help :(

  • Thread starter Thread starter cadwiese
  • 14 comments
  • 1,367 views
Messages
12
Messages
JWiese
i just got a dfgt and im having one hell of a time controling my cars now :( ive played all the gt games with a controller and this is my first wheel, so im thinking that maybe it just going to take some time to get used to it :)

my steering settings:

simulation
power assist on
force feedback 1

any imput would be nice :)

ty
 
Practice!

Pick a reasonable (not toooo fast) car and a track you know well then do lots of laps.

Consistency and smooth inputs are your friend.

:)
 
Hardes thing is learning how to deal with not being able to snap back and forth lock to lock. Take a good slow car (try some decent FF Honda) and go real slow around a track, then pick it up every lap.

Don't be afraid to force the wheel past the point of resistance. You may feel you want to only turn a bit until it gets hard, experiment with going past that to learn what works.
 
Turn the FF up to 7+. It on 1 kinda defeats the purpose of having a FF wheel, don't ya think? ;)
 
dont worry when i first got my dfgt i was a total failure, just practice with like a mini or a clio sport, and just practice and get a feel for the brakes, gas, steering etc. so it really just takes practice cheers :cheers:
 
I'd put force feedback on stronger than that.
Can somebody tell me what power assist does?
 
^ Power Assist lowers the resistance in the wheel when you turn it sharply, so you can turn it faster...
 
when i first got my wheel (dfgt), it lmao was like racing on tightrope, one smidgen of an oversteer and i would go bailing off into the grass ..and well good luck taking back first place..
i looked everywhere on how to set this thing up being i was clearly missing something, for lack of better words... youll just hafto push your brain threw and catch up on the otherside.

its now been two weeks, and im almost to where i can drift agian. im amazed how hard the wheel seemed when i first got it compared to now.

my settings:
power assist on
force feedback 10
i steer onehanded and my right stays on the shifter.
 
I'm no expert, but I find keeping note of where the wheel is by gripping the nubs and always holding that nub even when steering with one hand helps a lot. It means I can't use the full lock but I don't think you need the full turn unless the car is out of control, I steer as least as possible to maintain speed.

My biggest problem early on was just learning to smoothly control the accelerator. Slowly figure out how much you can push before the car oversteers. And don't lift off too fast before turning on more powerful cars! took me a while to get rid of this habit haha.
 
I'm in the same boat but haven;t had that much trouble. My Wheel came friday and wile I sucked at first I'm within two seconds of my best times by Sunday.

I have my settings on professional which is the middle one. The hardest thing for me has been the manual transmission and downshifting. I either shift too early or forget to shift accelerating out of a corner.

It's an amazing, game changing experience none the less.
 
I would set the FFB to 10 on that wheel but then I am used to the PWTS and at 5 it is like the DFGT would be at 25 :) I hooked back up my DFGT and I'm like where did all the FFB go ?
 
I went through this back in the day. Most people don't turn the wheel enough, or slow down enough. Drive it like you're driving a real car, seriously.
 
well i am getting better and ty for the help guys :) ill just have to relearn the game lol
 
Back