Steering Wheel Questions

United States
United States
Hiya folks, I am new here. Looking for a mid-range wheel for PC and PS4.
1. Is the Thrustmaster T150 considered a good "bang for the buck" wheel? I am looking for something that is decent without being pricey. Have seen it for $150. I am not looking for clutch control and consider myself a casual racer.
2. Is the Thrustmaster T150 a good upgrade from the Microsoft Wireless Wheel? I could get a Drivehub in order to use Microsoft wheel on PS4 but the T150 is not that much more money anyway ($90 vs $150). Based on my research it appears the T150 is better due to greater degrees of rotation and strength of FFB.
3. The consensus seems to be that wheels are needed for good and consistent lap times in sim racing (Gran Turismo, F1 series, Project Cars, etc). What about arcade racers like Driveclub, Burnout, or Grid? And what about Rally games like Dirt and Sega Rally Revo?

Any feedback is appreciated.

Save up more money and buy something better, you'll be happier in the long run. Buying a lesser wheel, then finding that you really like using a wheel, makes you long for something better very fast.

The consensus seems to be that wheels are needed for good and consistent lap times in sim racing (Gran Turismo, F1 series, Project Cars, etc). What about arcade racers like Driveclub, Burnout, or Grid? And what about Rally games like Dirt and Sega Rally Revo?

Using a wheel is mostly a matter of preference. I know a GT Academy finalist who used a pad for years & was still alien fast. When he bought a DFGT for the 2010 Academy, he was much slower, & even I beat his lap time! Then he tried a G27 & was just as fast with it as with the pad. Some people prefer the pad vs wheel & vice versa. Some people are faster with the pad than wheel & vice versa. Some people are faster with certain wheels & vice versa. Have you ever used a wheel before? If not, try before you buy.

Last edited:
Save up more money and buy something better, you'll be happier in the long run. Buying a lesser wheel, then finding that you really like using a wheel, makes you long for something better very fast.
T150 is good bang for the buck. First find out if it’s for you, if money is tight. Only upgrade or buy when you can afford it!

The T150 is an excellent entry level Force Feedback wheel. It will beat your WRW in every respect. And with it being a Thrustmaster T series wheel, you can upgrade your pedals, then get a TH8RS shifter. Further down the road, you can ditch the T150 wheelbase for a T300 & up. After that, you'd be able to buy wheel rims and have a stronger smoother and quicker wheel base. Basically, you can upgrade the setup as you see fit. It's a perk of Thrusty's product line. It's not unique to them, but it's still a Plus.

If I were in your shoes, I'd take the plunge. I'd just look for the T150 that comes with the T3PA pedal set. It might be best to avoid the basic two pedal set all together. If not, then I am sure the Sport sock mod used on a WRW, will work with the base pedal set.

The "Sport Sock Mod is where you tie a pair of sport socks to the neck of the WRW's brake pedal, and then seal the socks in place with Duck Tape. LOL.

Last edited:
Back