steering wheel

Messages
2
Is there a steering wheel for the ps2 that comes with an actual gear shifter instead of just being buttons on the back of the steering wheel handle? it would be awesome if they did especially for gt3 so you can slam through your gears and ****. let me know. thanks:D
 
I imagine that there would be limitations to design due to the fact that different cars have different amounts of gears. e.g. 1-5, 1-6.
They would probably have to make one for each gear setup.
 
Nah - they'd just be sequential - back for up a gear, forward for down a gear.
 
there's this one guy who made it modifying his logitech gt force wheel, it looked like an arcade game

it was pretty cool :)
 
Yeah, I've got a wheel with sequential shift, but I never use it, only for arcade, even then I'm pretty crap with it.
 
cool, what is the name of the wheel?
 
"Speedster". I got it from the local Retravision for 150 bucks. I was gonna buy the Logitech wheel, but what with everyone saying it's crap, I didn't buy it. Biggest mistake of my life.
 
I would suggest to anyone that there's no point in buying anything other than the best wheels on the market. Poor quality wheels lack 'feel' and accuracy and detract from the game instead of adding to it.

An H pattern gearshift sounds great, but the programming for the game only allows a sequential shift so it can't be done. The wheels with gearshift levers are just pull to go up and push to go down sequential changes.

Most 'pro' wheel users would recommend the Momo Force, and I would suggest buy that or nothing. If paddle levers behind the wheel are good enough for Michael Schumacher, they're good enough for me.
 
I agree, but I don't have the money right now. Maybe next month *hope hope hope*
 
You'd better hurry as Logitech doesn't make MOMO Force anymore. It's all in the stores what's left.
 
ya ill probably just get the logitech wheel, no big deal. now i dont know about you, but i love the true feeling of racing, and it would be awesome if the steering wheel came with the clutch pedal, so it would be like an actual car with the shifter and clutch. too bad there is no good racing game out there that uses a clutch :(.
 
Originally posted by StAnGzRoAsTrIcE
too bad there is no good racing game out there that uses a clutch :(.

Well you have pc there, right?

Then you could try out Grand Prix Legends or EA's F1 2002. They both have analog cluth and F1 2002 have multiple mods to play like Turbo F1, FIA GT, BMW M3 for few...

I believe they both support Act-Labs RS Shifter too.
 
Isn't the Momo Force have a sequential gear shift of something like that? I think you can use it for PS2 as well as PC...but then the price tag...$250 AU dollars for the budget version.
 
I got the Speedster 2 but u cant use the sequential gear shift on it, since they dont let u chose the d pad for manual.
 
Back